• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rebuild the Stellar Turner +3 Microphone

I have a +3B turner it works great i done a complete restore took it all apart i did replace all caps and 90% of the wiring the mic was sandblasted to remove the years of terrible restoration attempts all contacts cleaned the pot was replaced it is a very loud mic and mic gain must be used in moderation otherwise yes it will sound distorted . a very strong mic

The Plus3B was my first base desk mic ! I loved it but traded it years ago for a D104 chicken choker ;( I still have the Turner handheld with the 7v battery buy would love a Plus3B again ! Great work buddy !

73's Brian 4-2-Zero NJ

Although a Ham. I like CB just as much- go figure.
Most Hams think Im nuts for just sticking with 11 meters . Nice to hear a Ham say he still likes his CB rigs too! After 25 years I am still happy with CB (maybe bc im 2 miles from interstate 95 and the city of Philadelphia ) but Im rarely alone on 11 meters ;)

Thanks Brian

I am always watching the ALC meter. The object is to set everything so that the meter never moves or barely moves. I always wished 11 meter rigs had compression and ALC metering.

If you hit youtube they have a compression "noise toy" that supposedly is dialed in for AM broadcast ? Ill try to track down the name of the board this guy was using . I have spent some time in recording studios (and listening to Stern) and audio compression is key so someone needs to figure it out on AM !

Bump Bump 73's 4-2-Zero NJ

Reactions: kaos513
If you hit youtube they have a compression "noise toy" that supposedly is dialed in for AM broadcast ? Ill try to track down the name of the board this guy was using . I have spent some time in recording studios (and listening to Stern) and audio compression is key so someone needs to figure it out on AM !

Bump Bump 73's 4-2-Zero NJ

asymod THATS IT !! Asymod™ ES Compressor / Limiter / EQ - Asymmetrical Hi-Fi AM & eSSB Check it out let us know what you guys think ! Sorry for the brain fart but its asymod !

73's Brian 4-2-Zero in The Garden State

Reactions: kaos513
I have a +3B turner it works great i done a complete restore took it all apart i did replace all caps and 90% of the wiring the mic was sandblasted to remove the years of terrible restoration attempts all contacts cleaned the pot was replaced it is a very loud mic and mic gain must be used in moderation otherwise yes it will sound distorted . a very strong mic

Very nice (y)

I've never had as much fun as I do with 11 meters. :cool:

Rock N Roll Buddy 73's !! I understand the thrill and excitement of ham , however I love the rush you get shooting 11 meter DX !!! My buddy is a big Ham talks around the world daily on less than 300 Bird watts (on some weird band lol 440.something "" "" ). Its cool and I like it but I get goosebumps keying on top of a pile of nut jobs screaming numbers haha Im in New Jersey , the other morning I hit Florida , Georgia , North Carolina then Delaware running south to north right up I95 and it was AMAZING !!! Call me a big kid but I still get a rush hearin' "I got you in my receive 4-2-zero New Jersey" . A friend didn't understand why I have so much CB gear because he hears me talk local bs when he stops over . The other night we were drinkin beers and the skip rolled in , the next morning I was mounting a Screwdriver/Loudmouth(Tuned and built up , credit to Screwdriver !!) Cobra 29 and a 2 pill box in his LEXUS !!!! YUP A LEXUS WITH A WILSON 5000 ON THE ROOF BC THE TRUNK WAS FIBERGLASS LOL

73's Brian

I've got a fairly clean Turner Plus 3 mic It's not been rebuilt or had any internal parts replaced.

I use it on both AM and SSB with either a Uniden Washington or Grant XL Folks say it sounds great. I'm going to leave it be.

414344092.jpg

WDX-556

I've got a fairly clean Turner Plus 3 mic It's not been rebuilt or had any internal parts replaced.

I use it on both AM and SSB with either a Uniden Washington or Grant XL Folks say it sounds great. I'm going to leave it be.

414344092.jpg

WDX-556

DONT TRY THIS AT HOME , UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO ;)

"IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT":) Very famous quote I seem to have a hard time listening too lol:ROFLMAO: . In this computer , laser , micro , smd , wacky world we live in most things just are what they are (n) (nothing more nothing less except firmware updastes lol) One of the best part of old electronics is the average guy can do some wiring , soldering , modding etc on most of the gear and it gives me satisfaction ! Most electronics we buy and use today are , well lets say it DISPOSABLE . I love poking, prodding, and multimeter probing lol and I buy broken gear (if its cheap enough) just for the challenge of repairing it !! THAT BEING SAID I HAVE RUINED PERFECTLY GOOD ELECTRONICS , Im not proud of it but I learned something new EVERYTIME I have broken or destroyed something .

Love a cool project , respect guys who know when NOT to grab a screwdriver lol:LOL:

73'S Im gonna strip down one of my 142gtls before bed now (I "think" it needs this new capacitor kit I ordered )

4-2-ZERO Brian in The Dirty Jersey NJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.