I have a +3B turner it works great i done a complete restore took it all apart i did replace all caps and 90% of the wiring the mic was sandblasted to remove the years of terrible restoration attempts all contacts cleaned the pot was replaced it is a very loud mic and mic gain must be used in moderation otherwise yes it will sound distorted . a very strong mic
Most Hams think Im nuts for just sticking with 11 meters . Nice to hear a Ham say he still likes his CB rigs too! After 25 years I am still happy with CB (maybe bc im 2 miles from interstate 95 and the city of Philadelphia ) but Im rarely alone on 11 metersAlthough a Ham. I like CB just as much- go figure.
I am always watching the ALC meter. The object is to set everything so that the meter never moves or barely moves. I always wished 11 meter rigs had compression and ALC metering.
If you hit youtube they have a compression "noise toy" that supposedly is dialed in for AM broadcast ? Ill try to track down the name of the board this guy was using . I have spent some time in recording studios (and listening to Stern) and audio compression is key so someone needs to figure it out on AM !
Bump Bump 73's 4-2-Zero NJ
I have a +3B turner it works great i done a complete restore took it all apart i did replace all caps and 90% of the wiring the mic was sandblasted to remove the years of terrible restoration attempts all contacts cleaned the pot was replaced it is a very loud mic and mic gain must be used in moderation otherwise yes it will sound distorted . a very strong mic
Most Hams think Im nuts for just sticking with 11 meters . Nice to hear a Ham say he still likes his CB rigs too! After 25 years I am still happy with CB (maybe bc im 2 miles from interstate 95 and the city of Philadelphia ) but Im rarely alone on 11 meters
Thanks Brian
I've never had as much fun as I do with 11 meters.![]()
I've got a fairly clean Turner Plus 3 mic It's not been rebuilt or had any internal parts replaced.
I use it on both AM and SSB with either a Uniden Washington or Grant XL Folks say it sounds great. I'm going to leave it be.
![]()
WDX-556
I am looking for a new pot for a +3B. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 73'sI have a +3B turner it works great i done a complete restore took it all apart i did replace all caps and 90% of the wiring the mic was sandblasted to remove the years of terrible restoration attempts all contacts cleaned the pot was replaced it is a very loud mic and mic gain must be used in moderation otherwise yes it will sound distorted . a very strong mic
What did you use for caps? I tried to get what the OP said but they're obsolete and gone.Hi all I did the audio widen mod on my turner plus the.. Used nichicon gold audio caps also did. The 1 Meg ohm risistor.. Now when I key up it takes the audio anoutb3nor 4 seconds to come to full output.. Then fads of a little on and. Off also sounds like a bird tweeting very faint till aud2 is ay set volume.. Was. OK b4 the mod. Cleaned the contacts the volume rans a couple new wires. New battery.. Any one run into this b4? I did 3 other Mike's seem to be OK
Thank You
Thank You..
I used 4.7 I place of the 5 10 in place of 15 22 I place of 25 all nitchicon caps put the 470l resistor back in same results going to check the tantalums diod and fets I replaced the. O1 it helped.. I got this off ebay someone was defenitly in side.. And it has a chrome ssk head had to rewire and resolder everything.. Cleaned the contacts replaced the faulty volume control..What did you use for caps? I tried to get what the OP said but they're obsolete and gone.