• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

We had some interesting results with this past week-end's last minute go at it. It was great to see folks on here being able to make contact with each other. As the sunspot activity & related skip cycle heat things up, we should be able to make those contacts happen more often.

We're still on for next week-end: October 29th and 30th. It has pretty much been every hour on the hour starting at noon eastern. Does anyone want to tweak that? Would we improve our chances by picking more specific times - say noon, 3:00P.M., 6:00P.M. and 9:00P.M. - so we could concentrate more stations on at designated times?

Last edited:
Always wanted to go one!! They have one in SoCal every year but never got a chance.

Looks like you had a good time! That’s cool that your daughter dresses the part of a maiden. Wonder if it’s the same troop that travels the county?
i think they do. it was great a very friendly crowd. at first was kinda odd as they talked in the era like this
"OH MAIDEN SO FAIR
WITH LOCKS OF HAIR
THAT GOES TO THERE
WHERE GO YOU TO WHERE"
i enjoyed watching kids at the bubble blowing tub the most. 2 sticks with 2 strings on them 1 longer than the other,raise them holding out wide and snug n huge bubbles came out. they were in aew. i really enjoyed watching them kids. it was a great time and id encourage everybody to go at least 1 time

We had some interesting results with this past week-end's last minute go at it. It was great to see folks on here being able to make contact with each other. As the sunspot activity & related skip cycle heat things up, we should be able to make those contacts happen more often.

We're still on for next week-end: October 29th and 30th. It has pretty much been every hour on the hour starting at noon eastern. Does anyone want to tweak that? Would we improve our chances by picking more specific times - say noon, 3:00P.M., 6:00P.M. and 9:00P.M. - so we could concentrate more stations on at designated times?
maybe i be home this next weekend? radios be thinkin i abanded them i need to be. seems every weekend lately its go go go. but i did enjoy this event rather well

Rwb:

You, sir, have your priorities right. Family first. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughter. No doubt she'll long remember having spent a great week-end with her dad.

Reactions: Rwb
REMINDER: LSB 16 NET SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29th & SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30th

This bump is just a friendly reminder to those that are interested that our LSB 16 revival efforts will continue this week-end. We'll follow the same protocol from our prior efforts: we'll start Saturday at noon eastern/11:00 A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific - less than 60 hours from now - and aim after that to hail every hour on the hour. Of course, nothing stops anyone from going at it longer or more often if they want.

Mark the calendars, check your SWRs and get ready to shoot some skip!

I will be joining in this weekend, hope to make contact with some other fourum members. 312 oklahoma.
REMINDER: LSB 16 NET SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29th & SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30th

This bump is just a friendly reminder to those that are interested that our LSB 16 revival efforts will continue this week-end. We'll follow the same protocol from our prior efforts: we'll start Saturday at noon eastern/11:00 A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific - less than 60 hours from now - and aim after that to hail every hour on the hour. Of course, nothing stops anyone from going at it longer or more often if they want.

Mark the calendars, check your SWRs and get ready to shoot some skip!

This is a new effort to reinvigorate an old theme.

Some of you will recall the pre-40 channel days. Back then, the unofficial SSB hailing frequency was LSB 16. LSB 38 has taken over since pretty much the day we went to 40 channels, but it gets too crowded. And it isn't too uncommon to have someone on LSB 38 running so much power that they distort and splash across several channels. Another problem is the occasional idiot - like the one on there right now playing an air raid siren.

With skip propagation apparently improving, I say we try to bring back LSB 16. At the very least, it will provide a relief valve for LSB 38. At best, we may get a less crowded alternative for making DX contacts. I propose we try to get the ball rolling by aiming to make contact on the following schedule:

Saturday, June 5th
12:00 noon eastern/11:00 A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific

3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/noon pacific

6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific

9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific

Sunday, June 6th
12:00 noon eastern/11:00 A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific

3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/noon pacific

6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific

9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific

Thoughts?
Interesting to see this. Myself and some locals in the NY/NJ area, are on 16 LSB, nightly, from 9-9:30 PM till ???. We have been on there a few years now. Some new voices show up now and then.

SL

Interesting to see this. Myself and some locals in the NY/NJ area, are on 16 LSB, nightly, from 9-9:30 PM till ???. We have been on there a few years now. Some new voices show up now and then.

SL
I've been putting together a list of different groups and "nets", the frequencies they are on and any particular times they meet. The idea is to know who is out there, when they are out there and where to find them. I haven't heard a group on LSB 16 in decades. Knowing that you guys are out there definitely adds to the number of potential contacts to be had. I'll be trying. Hopefully you and some of your group will chime in this week-end.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.