• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I've been lurking around on LSB 38 this morning, where I made several contacts already. There's lots of skip rolling from here in the lower Keys to the east coast from Maryland all the way up to Ontario and out to the midwest (Texas, Nebraska & Missouri). I was waiting for high noon to start the LSB 16 effort, but I'm ready to rock.

By the way, WWDX is doing their contest this week-end. Unfortunately our LSB 16 contacts apparently won't count towards that contest's points under the rules posted.

So, let our LSB 16 revival begin! "T minus 12 minutes and counting."

I'm glad to be getting some traction here.

Contact across the country with 339 near Yosemite National, CA has been pretty steady on LSB 16 from noon eastern until now.

Around 12:08, 36 in Columbus, OH and I made contact. He was coming in strong but there were some guys an AM testing their watt-meters disrupting things a bit.

A few minutes later, around 12:10, I made the connection with 481 in SW Atlanta.

Linked up again with 339 around 12:24. Just now, at 12:40, I made a solid contact with 222 in Philadelphia, PA.

Last week-end saw strong and steady contacts from my Miami location (a 102" whip with a counterpoise on on a tripod) and west Texas. The steady contact this morning from my location in the lower Florida Keys has been 339 in California.

I'm running a stock Uniden PC 122 (the one in my banner on the upper left) with a no-name amplified mic feeding an A99. There's no amp and the radio has never been tweaked in any way. With this set up, I'll take these results. Let's see what the rest of the afternoon brings.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.