• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

makes me think we are whipping a dead horse. i get too much bleedover on 16 lsb at times.hummmm maybe thats why we went to top side of the band for ssb when 40 channels became legal.
I'll go with that, seems logical. I'm raking in the qso's on the top side so I'll continue on up there. But will occasionally make the trip down just to see if the maybe is there. As for today, it was all noise on 16 but reelin em in above say 25.

I'll go with that, seems logical. I'm raking in the qso's on the top side so I'll continue on up there. But will occasionally make the trip down just to see if the maybe is there. As for today, it was all noise on 16 but reelin em in above say 25.
yes sir. not to bash em but 16 gets channel 6 bleedover and bad at times. i also drop down to 16 to check in never know.

LSB 16 - THE NEXT ROUND: October 29th & 30th

It isn't a coincidence that the success that has been had was on an afternoon that we hand picked. We organized and the coordinated effort paid off. And it looks like some of us managed to even make contact with folks outside of WWDX. Let's fall back on the old saying: "it's a marathon, not a sprint" and keep building.

Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 29th and Sunday, October 30th. We'll follow the same protocols: start at 12:00 noon eastern on both days and then aim for every hour on the hour. Like last time, this will give us about 2 weeks to mark calendars, get the word out, tune up the equipment and then meet the challenge head on.

radio was on most of the day on 16lsb while i was working on my house.guess what? only ch 6 blood n silence yes silence. where ya'll at?
About 8:30 Pacific time, I called for 10 min or so on 16 with no reply, there was a lot of AM traffic from down south.
I moved to 36 and talked to Jamaica, several guys back east and mexico city so the band was open out here at that time.

Jeff

About 8:30 Pacific time, I called for 10 min or so on 16 with no reply, there was a lot of AM traffic from down south.
I moved to 36 and talked to Jamaica, several guys back east and mexico city so the band was open out here at that time.

Jeff
i got done about 5,after shower n supper i got on radio n was a jam up here on 38,and 31 and 28 am but 16 was quiet then also

Reactions: Keto
How about this. October 29 and 30 looks like the next test dates, so let's set three or four very specific times and see how may of us can get on during those times? We can also continue to do the top of the hour as well. Or something similar to this???
@Rick330man Any thoughts?

I've tried many times over the last couple weeks and never hear anything. Location and conditions dictate that for any of us. You can choose dates and times for the next 20 years but without propagation it's pointless. I'd suggest keeping an ear out and when the skip is rolling in your area grab the mic and hit the air on 16 lsb no matter what day or time. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.