• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Made contact with 339 Jeff, 300 Sunbulls and 404 Rick330man. Had to leave for about an hour and change. Got back and damn it was quiet on my end!!

Or maybe not 300 Sunbulls. Could have been someone else. Conditions changed up real quick and lost him.

I was able to connect with 226 in San Angelo, TX about half an hour ago, but was not able to maintain the QSO. Conditions definitely were changing. The signal to him had been solid for hours. Despite the drop-off, 38 LSB remains a mess. The difference now is that I'm hearing points north from Washington state and western Canada all the way east to Michigan and on over to New Hampshire.

As far as other LSB 16 contact opportunites goes, let me pass on two.

First: I twice today was able to connect with 36 in Urbana, OH. He mentioned that LSB 16 is their regular local hang out as they still have operators using 23 channel SSB units.

Second: someone has brought to my attention that there is an LSB 16 net that operates out of the Seattle, WA area on Saturday nights from 6:00-6:30 P.M. pacific/9:00-9:30P.M. eastern. Food for thought if you are interested.

It has been a productive DX day on LSB 16 and all across 11 meters. If I don't catch more of you tonight, I'll definitely be trying tomorrow.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.