• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Thanks for the comebacks 226 and 404. Fading conditions up here in Mass. Noisy too on the AM - got Salt Shaker giving me 9+ with his fatboy - but glad to hear you guys getting through!
I was getting an earful of those guys on AM 16, too. The good new is that I don't hear them anymore. The bad news is that I'm getting bleedover from 15.

Still, decent luck had today talking up the east coast - NY, PA and MA - and out west to TX. I'll take it!

Reactions: Brother DXer
Thanks for the comebacks 226 and 404. Fading conditions up here in Mass. Noisy too on the AM - got Salt Shaker giving me 9+ with his fatboy - but glad to hear you guys getting through!
I wish we both weren't getting so much bleed over from 16 am. If not, we could have had a decent conversation, also with Rickman.

Good talking to you just a little while ago. Your 23 channel rig sounded just fine down here in the lower Florida Keys. The walkie talkie you see in my banner is the radio I was using in my communications with you.

Welcome to WWDX.
404 that rig was during a fine job up here in PA
Thanks for the heads up on LSB 16.

After a lull, the skip picked back up within the hours. I landed a few solid contacts in within the last hour. 529 and 226 in San Angelo, TX were chatting with me as if we were all neighbors. The two of them are, but I'm 1300 miles away.

There was a 630 or 603 booming in, but I couldn't get to the radio to respond to his CQ.

Also made good contacts with 112 in Watkins Glen, NY; 36 in Urbana, OH and 808 in Dover, DE.

Not bad!

LSB 16 REVIVAL - A SUCCESS

My DX log was updated just two days ago. After this past week-end hanging out mostly on LSB 16, my updated DX log needs updating!

The results of this week-end's LSB 16 revival project are putting a smile on my face. My log reflects close to 30 different contacts with 18 different stations just on LSB 16. I'm sure 226, 339 and others may have similar and even better results to report. I did make a few other contacts on the usual channels - LSB 38, LSB 37 and LSB 36 - but our focus as a group was on LSB 16, and I'm calling that effort a success. Thanks to everyone that participated. I think everyone enjoyed it.

NOVEMBER 26th and 27th: The Next Round

We can't stop now. The skip cycle is just getting revved up. We've brought some life to LSB 16 and even got interested folks from that effort to join WWDX. Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 24th this year. The week-end days right after that are Saturday, November 26th and Sunday, November 27th. How about we plan that week-end for our next LSB 16 DX revival & contest? It will give us time to get the word out and get our stations in order.

What do you think, folks?

Probably heard me.. 630 central Illinois.
I put out a few calls throughout the day. Never heard anyone...
You had a nice, strong signal coming into the lower Florida Keys. I heard you hail at least 3 times and you were having no trouble getting over the AM traffic and the bleedover from AM 15. I was tied upon on the phone and couldn't respond in time. Hope to catch you next time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.