• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

FRIENDLY REMINDER BUMP

Remember that we are going to continue our LSB 16 efforts exactly a week from today. We'll start Saturday, November 26 at noon and aim for every hour on the hour after that. We'll repeat the protocol the next day, Sunday, November 27.

Last month's effort was my idea of a success. The time to do it again is just one week away.
I'll be there on Sunday the 27 on 27.155(16) LSB, looking forward to it and making Contact with members of this forum!! If I might suggest,instead of doing this net once a month,might I suggest doing it twice a month, again just a suggestion for the future,hope all of my Radio Friends have a Wonderful and Blessed upcoming Thanksgiving with there Family's!!

73's

I'll be there on Sunday the 27 on 27.155(16) LSB, looking forward to it and making Contact with members of this forum!! If I might suggest,instead of doing this net once a month,might I suggest doing it twice a month, again just a suggestion for the future,hope all of my Radio Friends have a Wonderful and Blessed upcoming Thanksgiving with there Family's!!

73's
I agree, only once a month I can rarely make it.

We can definitely expand how often we do our LSB 16 net. Keep in mind that it took almost two years to get to this point, where we have favorable skip conditions and a big enough group of interested operators. We had to first test the waters and see if there was enough interest. That meant getting the word out here on WWDX. The success of our last LSB 16 net week-end suggests we can grow this into something even better. Personally, I really like hearing stations out there talking to each other without a pile-up. It has taken a while, but it looks like our efforts are paying off.

Any suggestions on how often you all would like for us to run our LSB 16 net?

Last edited:
We can definitely expand how often we do our LSB 16 net. Keep in mind that it took us over a year to get to this point. First, we had to test the waters and see if there was enough interest. Next, we had to get the word out. The good news is that our last LSB 16 net week-end was a success. It has taken a while, but it looks like our efforts are paying off.

Any suggestions on how often would you all like for us to run our LSB 16 net?
As I suggested before, I think twice a month (Sat&Sun) would be best for now, would allow more members to catch up so to speak and join in, maybe run the net from 12pm-3pm on both days, again just ideas....................

73's

I'm scheming a steady ramping-up of our week-end LSB 16 net to build up to doing it weekly as of January 1, 2023. Here's the plan.

After the upcoming November 26-27 net, we'll up the pace to every two weeks (twice a month). We'll hold the next net the week-end of December 10th and 11th. The net two weeks later will fall on December 24th and 25th, the holiday week-end. It would be the last net of 2022, but it would also serve as our springboard. The very next week-end would be the New Years holiday. It would be just a week later, but it would be the perfect time to up the pace to weekly.

So, the long term plan is: every two weeks through the end of the year and then weekly for 2023 beginning New Years week-end.

Mark your calendars and get the word out.

I'm scheming a steady ramping-up of our week-end LSB 16 net to build up to doing it weekly as of January 1, 2023. Here's the plan.

After the upcoming November 26-27 net, we'll up the pace to every two weeks (twice a month). We'll hold the next net the week-end of December 10th and 11th. The net two weeks later will fall on December 24th and 25th, the holiday week-end. It would be the last net of 2022, but it would also serve as our springboard. The very next week-end would be the New Years holiday. It would be just a week later, but it would be the perfect time to up the pace to weekly.

So, the long term plan is: every two weeks through the end of the year and then weekly for 2023 beginning New Years week-end.

Mark your calendars and get the word out.
Good idea and sounds good to me, definitely marking the calendar,I'm going to assume that they will still start at 1pm if I remember correctly??

73's

That's great! And good to know your numbers. I've started making a list of forum members, mainly the members that I've made contact with.
Forum name, ie; Brother DXer
Real first name
Numbers
Etc..
It helps me keep everyone straight in my head. There's only a handful of people on it so far.

Rodney

That's great! And good to know your numbers. I've started making a list of forum members, mainly the members that I've made contact with.
Forum name, ie; Brother DXer
Real first name
Numbers
Etc..
It helps me keep everyone straight in my head. There's only a handful of people on it so far.

Rodney
Not a bad idea,I have a regular radio logbook that I keep track of all the contacts that I make, I think I'll have to try your idea and keep track of the members that I meet on 16 LSB during our net check-ins..........thank you Brother Dxer,hope you have a wonderful and Blessed upcoming Thanksgiving Day!!

73's

Not a bad idea,I have a regular radio logbook that I keep track of all the contacts that I make, I think I'll have to try your idea and keep track of the members that I meet on 16 LSB during our net check-ins..........thank you Brother Dxer,hope you have a wonderful and Blessed upcoming Thanksgiving Day!!

73's
You're welcome!
I keep you guys in the back of my current log book.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day as well. I'll be listening for you next weekend!

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
You're welcome!
I keep you guys in the back of my current log book.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day as well. I'll be listening for you next weekend!
Thank you,We will,Dad and I are traveling to be with extended family for the day, I will be listening for you on Sunday (Sunday's are always one of my days off) for the net check in on 16 LSB,take care and God Bless!!

73's

Just a heads up that on Thanksgiving Morning I'm planning on Firing up the Ranger and try to give a Thanksgiving day shout out on 16 LSB from about 630-845am( I usually I'm up around 430-5am drinking Coffee,etc) at least that's the plan , so anyone who would like to give a Thanksgiving day shout out, feel free!!!!

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.