• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Daytime skip propagation conditions are predicted to be good on 12-10 meters for December 30, 2022. I made a few contacts just before 11:00A.M. on LSB 37. LSB 38 was busy enough, but definitely not at its worst. Brasil was coming in fairly steady on LSB 33. However, I did not hear a soul on LSB 16.

I tried for about a hour this morning on 16 with no response.
There were two guys talking on the rc slot 10 kc's down from 16 but that was all I heard down there.
35 thru 40 was full of stations.
I also made over a dozen contacts on 28.400 in about 30 min, nice easy qso's with very little qrm.
The Beacon on 28.425 was playing the recording so I knew the band was open.......

Jeff

Today, December 31st starts the next scheduled LSB 16 week-end net. We'll follow the usual protocol of starting at noon and aiming for every hour on the hour.

Remember that there is a WWDX LSB 16 contest running through today. Log your contacts if you are interested in the contest. Otherwise, just enjoy the LSB 16 net.

Canada coming in all over LSB 36-40 with Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin not far behind. LSB 16 has been pretty quiet, but I did connect with WDX-945 in Michigan.

Canada coming in all over LSB 36-40 with Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin not far behind. LSB 16 has been pretty quiet, but I did connect with WDX-945 in Michigan.
A lot of jackals out there today. Playing music and just being jerks, giving speeches, etc. 16 is worse than 38 today

It appears there's someone in my area that uses 16AM quite a bit (with a healthy shot of whiskey) and bleeds onto sideband. I heard whiskey delta xray and some numbers a couple of times but yeah just too much interference. And then there's 17 taking up 3 channels...

Reactions: YardDog
It appears there's someone in my area that uses 16AM quite a bit (with a healthy shot of whiskey) and bleeds onto sideband. I heard whiskey delta xray and some numbers a couple of times but yeah just too much interference. And then there's 17 taking up 3 channels...
16 just hasn't worked out for me either. It's either dead, noise floor is too high or the AM splatter takes over. As of yet it just hasn't worked here. No problem at all working all over the country on the top side so that's where I usually hang out.

But do occasionally check 16 just in case

Last edited:
I didn't pick up anything on LSB 16 at noon either at noon. However, I have been scanning the band and there is skip rolling. Boston and Connecticut stations were coming on in LSB 36. I picked up Oklahoma and Kansas stations on LSB 37. LSB 38 activity was borderline incoherent as stations walked all over each other. I'll be checking in on LSB 16 every hour on the hour.

The day is young...so is the year.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated