• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Just gave a shout out on 16 LSB after firing up the Ranger on this New Year of 2023, quiet on this end and the noise level is hitting a 3 on my signal meter up here in Central Pennsylvania!
Happy New Year my Radio Friends............

73's

RT 431 and I made contact about half an hour ago, but I've not heard any other LSB activity on 16. The activity on the upper channels has also dropped off.

It was nice making contact with ya. The am splatter made it tough but we made it work. Hope to make contact with you again when conditions permit.

Reactions: Rick330man
The pattern I've seen over the last month is that there is decent DX propagation along certain arcs, but they are really tight. I'll hear Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma strong for half an hour, the skips fades and then I'm getting MIchigan, Wisconsin, Ontario and Quebec. An hour after that it'll be California, Arizona and Washington state.

Propagation is out there, but it is finicky.

The pattern I've seen over the last month is that there is decent DX propagation along certain arcs, but they are really tight. I'll hear Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma strong for half an hour, the skips fades and then I'm getting MIchigan, Wisconsin, Ontario and Quebec. An hour after that it'll be California, Arizona and Washington state.

Propagation is out there, but it is finicky.
Ive noticed the same thing. Not soon after I heard 917 in Cali I heard the east coast. It switched that fast.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Ya I was out there YardDog!!! Wish I would have talked to you. Too much AM and bleed over from the adjacent channels.
I heard you too. Pretty clear in Missouri. I was sitting in my brothers driveway on a culdesac surrounded by duplexes, transformers, and probably 100 wifi signals...917 Pasadena this is 561 Missouri....nada. I'll get ya one of these days.

I'm planning on Firing up the Ranger hopefully later this afternoon and try to make some contacts with my Radio Friends on 16LSB, hopefully conditions will hold,I'm out to Lunch with my Dad at the moment, hope you all have a great day today and God Bless!!

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.