• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I was on just now from 9:00A.M. until about 9:20A.M. LSB 16 was dead. There wasn't any traffic on LSB or AM. Not surprisingly, I hailed several times on LSB 16 and got no response. I'll try again at noon eastern time.

• Wow
Reactions: Holydvr and Rwb
I was on just now from 9:00A.M. until about 9:20A.M. LSB 16 was dead. There wasn't any traffic on LSB or AM. Not surprisingly, I hailed several times on LSB 16 and got no response. I'll try again at noon eastern time.
parked on 27.155 lsb not a peep either

Reactions: Holydvr
The 3:00P.M. effort was fruitless. There was a dispatcher of some sort on AM 16. I also heard someone transmitting CW, but there was no SSB traffic at all. Just to make sure, I went to LSB 38 to see if there was any skip rolling in. There was. I heard several stations from Arizona and California.

I'll try again at 6:00 eastern.

• Wow
Reactions: Holydvr and Rwb
i was on at 5 pm midwest time even flipped a tad o extra power,tried cq several times. with preamp on just steady white noise. never had it on yesterday

I called a few times but no response on 16 lower, I did hear two guys 5 kc's down from 16 but I could not get in between them.
I hear the Taxi cab dispatch on 35 often when the band is open down south.

Jeff

Reactions: Rwb
I'm still of the mindset that getting some traffic back on LSB 16 would be a good thing. The pile up on LSB 38 gets out of control. I oftentimes will QSY folks over to LSB 39, LSB 37 or LSB 36, but even those can get busy when the skip is rolling.

I'm toying with the idea of picking a week-end down the road - maybe the last one of this month - to try our LSB 16 reclamation project again. We could use the time between now and then to get the word out. We'll just need mother nature to cooperate.

What do you all think?

You can post up a schedule, but as you said mother nature needs to make it happen.
We used to do contests and they usually were over a whole weekend to increase chances.
You could also make contacts on 38 and ask to qsy to ch 16, there might be others on the channel out there that hear and move as well.
Post up, I will try as time permits.

Jeff

I'm still of the mindset that getting some traffic back on LSB 16 would be a good thing. The pile up on LSB 38 gets out of control. I oftentimes will QSY folks over to LSB 39, LSB 37 or LSB 36, but even those can get busy when the skip is rolling.

I'm toying with the idea of picking a week-end down the road - maybe the last one of this month - to try our LSB 16 reclamation project again. We could use the time between now and then to get the word out. We'll just need mother nature to cooperate.

What do you all think?
watch em all head to 16 n bring the over crowd problem

I'm aiming for the week-end of October 7th and 8th. That will give all of us here time to get the word out. I'll have college or pro football on the t.v. and LSB 16 on the CB. That way me and anyone else trying this can stay entertained regardless. The games start at noon so we can aim to start the DXing then, too. It makes perfect sense!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated