• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I had a good contact with 933 at about 1:46 P.M. For the past few minutes, there have been a couple of guys on LSB 16 carrying on a conversation. It sounds like they are in the Chicago area.

I connected with 134 at around 5:12P.M. There was a station calling me, but they were buried in the noise floor. The biggest problem I had was the guys from Chicago clogging up LSB 16 as they talked to each other for almost an hour and a half. So, yes, there was propagation. No, it was not a stellar day for shooting skip on 11 meters.

I connected with 134 at around 5:12P.M. There was a station calling me, but they were buried in the noise floor. The biggest problem I had was the guys from Chicago clogging up LSB 16 as they talked to each other for almost an hour and a half. So, yes, there was propagation. No, it was not a stellar day for shooting skip on 11 meters.
Agreed on it not being a stellar day for 11 meter's and Skip shooting,I got no one today on my end,some qrm though up my way hitting me between 3-7 off and on in the background,but it happens, hopefully next weekend will be more promising!!!

73's

I have put 404 in the log almost every day that I have put up a call on 27.155LSB, kinda interesting that we have recently had a pipeline. I'll be calling in a couple of minutes just as a matter of curiosity.

I have put 404 in the log almost every day that I have put up a call on 27.155LSB, kinda interesting that we have recently had a pipeline. I'll be calling in a couple of minutes just as a matter of curiosity.
Note that I spoke to you Saturday from the lower Keys QTH. That's a Uniden Bearcat 980 with a Workman DM 502 base mic driving an A99.

Sunday's contact was from the Miami QTH. That was done using my 42 year old Realistic TRC 490 with an even older Turner Super Sidekick driving an IMAX 2000.

Both are barefoot set ups.

Last edited:
Hey Greg T, you sounded very loud and very clear coming into the Seattle area! I was working on my Jeep, in my garage, and heard your very strong signal and jump up to respond. Very nice talking to you!
Great contact!! Mother nature played some games yesterday! LOL. The conditions would change without warning. Ya sounded good, though!

made contact with wdx945 about 6 pm doing good until he faded out but before he disappeared heard him doing washington,,,,

You banged into my room for a short time, then was barely above the noise floor, then banged back in again. But when you came through is was loud and clear. Sounded great!

I've been off the air the last couple weeks building a motorized bicycle. Now that it's done, I'll be able to hang out on 16lsb today. I need to move the radio from my office to the garage shop, where I'll be spending the summer.
Here's my latest M/B. A Schwinn beach cruiser with an 80cc 2 stroke motor. Lots of fun riding these things.

Attachments

• 20230328_200614.jpg
    20230328_200614.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.