• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Ya 16am is busy here too. I did manage to hear someone calling out to me but they were so deep in the grass I couldn’t get a number. They quickly faded out. Not the best conditions here.
That was me. Conditions are strange here but I heard you calling. I'm trying to make a sideband contact on this TRC-465 I bought a couple of days ago for 30 bucks!

I've had the radio on as I've been taking care of things around the house. There has been a fair amount of AM traffic clogging up the channel at times. The only LSB 16 traffic I've heard was 134, who was coming in pretty consistently from about 1:30 eastern until after 2:00P.M. After that, there was no SSB traffic at all. On the other hand AM 15 is bleeding over like crazy.

I heard 917 but couldn't get back to him. I did manage to make contact with 969 Vancouver, Washington sitting in my driveway. Conditions are rough. Stations come in then fade quickly.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
I mad contact with 134 at around 1:52 P.M. and then with 128 around 5:13 P.M.
I heard 917, but had no luck getting back to him. Same with 431 and 969. It definitely has not been a great skip day, but there has been skip out there.

There's a NY/NJ LSB 16 group that talks nightly around 9:00P.M. There's also the "Old Timers' Net" out of Seattle that hits LSB 16 Saturday nights around 9:30P.M. You may want to try your luck if you're still on later.

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.