• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Just got up from a nap after lunch that I took and thought I would fire up the Ranger,gave a shout-out a few minutes ago, nothing but dead air and some qrm hitting me around a 3 off and on, hopefully I can snag at least one station,but if not there's always another day and weekend to try, hope all of my Radio Friends have a Blessed week ahead!!

73's

Yeah it's hit and miss since I'm working with 12 watts (if I'm lucky). First antenna was a Sirio 5000 and second was an MFJ 12 meter telescopic that I only extend to 103". They both work great but all of the near by high ground is surrounded by trees and once again it was too windy for my wire Moxon on the painters pole lol.

I sure appreciate the stations that do get back to me. I know it's a challenge to hear me in all the noise. I tend to keep my QSOs short and sweet because it's awesome to actually end a conversation before my signal goes away Roger?

My wife and I have been house hunting going on two years now and one of my first projects will be to get a base station and antenna farm set up proper. We live with my brother right now and his HOA doesn't allow antennas...

73s to all, Rick
Don't let the HOA violate your 1st Amendment right to put up a flag. Just because your RF neutral, non-conductive fiberglass flag pole has a 102" whip on the inside doesn't change the fact that it is still a flag pole.

I heard 561 barely above the noise floor but still made it into SoCal!

Talked to 26 Missouri. He was checking out the old SSB station. I told him about the site and group. We might have a new person here!!!
26 came booming in down here. I got to QSO with him around 2:12 P.M. eastern. Great sounding station. I understood him to say that he was in Iowa but right near the Missouri River.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Don't let the HOA violate your 1st Amendment right to put up a flag. Just because your RF neutral, non-conductive fiberglass flag pole has a 102" whip on the inside doesn't change the fact that it is still a flag pole.
Haha right on! By the way that barefoot station of yours is always sounding good up here just west of St Louis. It certainly inspires me to get something way up in the air.

Haha right on! By the way that barefoot station of yours is always sounding good up here just west of St Louis. It certainly inspires me to get something way up in the air.
Thank you, my friend. I'm in Miami today so I'm running my 42 year old Realistic Navaho TRC 490 with an even older Turner Super Side Kick driving my Workman "6 Hub" Starduster clone. The base of the antenna (the hub) is just 21' off of the ground so the tip of the 102" fiberglass whip serving as my vertical radiator is right at 30'. I'd like to get it higher up, but the work that would require is impractical for me.

You're hearing what the marriage of modest antenna height, 12 watts PEP and the finest in early 1980's technology can do!

Last edited:
LSB 16 NET - Saturday, March 25th and Sunday, March 26th

This is just my usual friendly reminder that we'll run our LSB 16 net again this week-end.

On Saturday, we'll start at noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific and follow our "every hour on the hour protocol" for as long as folks want to keep talking. On Sunday, let's start at 10:00A.M. eastern/9:00A.M. central/7:00A.M. pacific to try to link up with the Lake Eerie SSB Club. After that, we'll run from noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific every hour on the hour for as long as folks want to go.

Do your part to make LSB 16 great again!

i am so glad to see what me and few others here locally has took off,,, it has been a few years in the making but am having fun at it,,, still yall listen up for the central florida 16lsb group on sunday evenings,,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.