• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I've been off the air the last couple weeks building a motorized bicycle. Now that it's done, I'll be able to hang out on 16lsb today. I need to move the radio from my office to the garage shop, where I'll be spending the summer.
Here's my latest M/B. A Schwinn beach cruiser with an 80cc 2 stroke motor. Lots of fun riding these things.
Awesome! What radio are you going to put on it?

:cool:

My DX seems to be slacking lately ! Soon the leaves will be coming back on the trees and probably be changing the way signals get reflected.

I'm in Miami today running the TRC 490 with the Super Sidekick. The noise floor today is only around 2 "S" units, but bleed-over from AM 15 is an occasional nuisance. A Mexican dispatcher was also clogging things up for about 15 minutes, but has fortunately faded away.

At 3:15P.M. eastern, I made contact with 134 when I was on my IMAX 2000. A few minutes later, I switched to the Starduster and made a slightly better connection. Propagation is fading in and out, so I can't say if the difference is attributable to conditions or the classic center-fed dipole vs. the 5/8th wave head to head debate.

I did hear WDX 566 calling out for 451. My efforts to get back to both stations were not met with success.

I'll keep trying.

Well, the bottom pretty much dropped out of the DX propagation. 16 was dead both on AM and LSB. I was able to make a contact with 31 mobile in Iowa on LSB 38 around 6:04P.M. Stations from Nebraska and Iowa along with Nova Scotia were coming in on LSB 38, but that was it. Then that went flat, too.

Definitely a challenging day for DX propagation.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Fired up the Ranger around noon, tried several times to make some contacts,but no dice today,the noise floor on my end was around 3,heard some very faint ops in the background, maybe next weekend try again......... hope all of my Radio Friends have a great week ahead and a upcoming Happy Easter with there Family's!!

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated