• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rednecks..whats up ?

OK. Here is the final update for everyone on RRR. Killroy talked to Larry a couple of days ago and Larry told him he would not be putting the forum back up, he is devoting all of his time to his server hosting business and does not have the time to fool with the forum.

Oh well, most of the former members of RRR have found our new forum anyway, so we move forward.

I enjoyed RRR while it was up and will miss it and wish Larry good luck in his future endeavors. (y)

Larry told him he would not be putting the forum back up, he is devoting all of his time to his server hosting business and does not have the time to fool with the forum.

Being the nice guy I am, I'm going to translate that for those that can't see what really took place.

"Larry told him that he would not be putting the forum back up, he wasn't making enough money in kickbacks from the sale of amplifiers or the direct sales of radio equipment, he is devoting all of his time to his server hosting business that is actually making him money"

The truth would have been much better. If you are in it for the money just say so.

Being the nice guy I am, I'm going to translate that for those that can't see what really took place.

"Larry told him that he would not be putting the forum back up, he wasn't making enough money in kickbacks from the sale of amplifiers or the direct sales of radio equipment, he is devoting all of his time to his server hosting business that is actually making him money"

The truth would have been much better. If you are in it for the money just say so.
you may be right.... then again, maybe not.

either way, isn't that what makes America so great?..... Capitalism. (y)
like the guy on ebay trying to sell a Cobra 2000 for $1995, lol.

Trying to draw me out are you? I knew Larry and despite all the BS that was spread when the Colonel flipped and Larry took full control of the forum to keep the colonel from turning it into another CBRT, he was doing his best to keep the forum open to all. The same way we are running the new one. There are no sponsors and any vendor is welcome to join and create their own section in the vendors section.

Carry on with your hearsay and rumors, those of that know the truth will just be happy to have been there while it lasted. (y)

Happy Holidays.

Not that it matters, but my biggest issue with RRR forum was the inability to talk about anything other than a "Redneck tuned radio" or a "LipZipper amp". It didn't matter what question you asked, it always came back to one of two of these reponses being the correct answer (or so they'd like to think).

Not that it matters, but my biggest issue with RRR forum was the inability to talk about anything other than a "Redneck tuned radio" or a "LipZipper amp". It didn't matter what question you asked, it always came back to one of two of these reponses being the correct answer (or so they'd like to think).

I myself will confess to being partial to "Redneck Tuned" after I got my radio from Larry. I had hoped to get a LZ straight 6 to go behind it at some point, now I don't know. The LZ site is still up and running but the "Contact Us" links go nowhere.

........................ he was doing his best to keep the forum open to all. ............................

is that what he was doing when he initially banned me for thanking the col. for the equipment i got from him a few days before ?

is that also what he was doing when he banned me again as KING FAT MAN when i told him he was wrong to say my uniden 78 wouldnt drive my texas star 500v to 500 watts pep ?

redneck/larry is just another example of someone with a forum keeping out folks with an opinion different than theres .

BTW .......... whats a redneck tune ? whats done , or is it a secret sauce ?

"is that what he was doing when he initially banned me for thanking the col. for the equipment i got from him a few days before ?"

I don't have a clue what went on there, so I can't answer.

"is that also what he was doing when he banned me again as KING FAT MAN when i told him he was wrong to say my uniden 78 wouldnt drive my texas star 500v to 500 watts pep ?"

Same as above Booty.

"redneck/Larry is just another example of someone with a forum keeping out folks with an opinion different than theirs ."

Larry and the Forum are history for now. I have no argument.

"BTW .......... whats a redneck tune ? whats done , or is it a secret sauce?"

Mild peak and tune with swing mod, no secret sauce, clips or super special jumper wires. The phrase was "Redneck Tuned" as in "Tuned by Redneck". A simple acknowledgment to the man that originally tuned and set the radio up.

My facts as I know and recall them. As I said, I was not involved in your disagreements, I was not a staff member so I take what you say at face value.

:D

"is that what he was doing when he initially banned me for thanking the col. for the equipment i got from him a few days before ?"

I don't have a clue what went on there, so I can't answer.

"is that also what he was doing when he banned me again as KING FAT MAN when i told him he was wrong to say my uniden 78 wouldnt drive my texas star 500v to 500 watts pep ?"

Same as above Booty.

"redneck/Larry is just another example of someone with a forum keeping out folks with an opinion different than theirs ."

Larry and the Forum are history for now. I have no argument.

"BTW .......... whats a redneck tune ? whats done , or is it a secret sauce?"

Mild peak and tune with swing mod, no secret sauce, clips or super special jumper wires. The phrase was "Redneck Tuned" as in "Tuned by Redneck". A simple acknowledgment to the man that originally tuned and set the radio up.

My facts as I know and recall them. As I said, I was not involved in your disagreements, I was not a staff member so I take what you say at face value.

:D

thanks pro151

Hey remember, we agreed to be friends after the argument we got into on this forum I think. My Daughter and Son-in-Law may get transferred to Washington DC sometime next year, the will live somewhere in VA.
The first time we come up to visit them if we are close enough to Richmond, I will meet you somewhere and buy you a cup of coffee so we can dog cuss each other face to face. :D

Hey remember, we agreed to be friends after the argument we got into on this forum I think. My Daughter and Son-in-Law may get transferred to Washington DC sometime next year, the will live somewhere in VA.
The first time we come up to visit them if we are close enough to Richmond, I will meet you somewhere and buy you a cup of coffee so we can dog cuss each other face to face. :D

That'll require something a little stronger than coffee.;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.