• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Replacing my galaxy dx959

85Blazer

Nov 8, 2017
I'm in need of replacing my galaxy dx959. Not by my choice thought. What other radios are comprable to the Galaxy?

Someone thought it looked better in the vehicle than in my truck. I loved my dx959, but was wondering what other radios are out there that are equal to the dx959.

If you're looking to move up in the level of radio and talk a lot of AM but still want SSB maybe check out the Stryker 955. If you talk mostly SSB and want something that looks more modern check out the President Lincoln II or the 2950DX.

If you aren't looking for more power or more channels and just do standard CB talking -

Mostly SSB - President McKinley
Mostly AM - stick with the 959 or 979

Reactions: 85Blazer
“Loving” a particular radio is also an indication you’re probably an avid radio enthusiast or soon becoming one. Many of us that fit into that mindset like to give everything a try, and they keep most of their trophies too. The never ending curiosity to try something different becomes a huge part of their enjoyment. It’s an expensive addiction……..up until your wife puts the breaks on. Some often find themselves in full blown “sneak mode”, especially after they’ve experienced a mind bending stink eye. The pile keeps slowly building…….Now where can I hide this latest purchase???

Reactions: 85Blazer
Not that I doubt the original poster, but isn't it a little hard to believe that someone would go as far to take the risk in breaking into a vehicle to steal a CB radio?!? Who could he sell it to? Another CBer?

Maybe what you need - along with a new CB radio, is an alarm system. That way when they break into the car, they can steal that - too - lol.

Seriously tho, just get another 959 if you liked it. Big Kahuna pretty much mapped out what to pick if you are considering change of choice.

Not that I doubt the original poster, but isn't it a little hard to believe that someone would go as far to take the risk in breaking into a vehicle to steal a CB radio?!? Who could he sell it to? Another CBer?

Maybe what you need - along with a new CB radio, is an alarm system. That way when they break into the car, they can steal that - too - lol.

Seriously tho, just get another 959 if you liked it. Big Kahuna pretty much mapped out what to pick if you are considering change of choice.

People will steal anything that isn't nailed down. And if they have pry bar most of that, too. The thief probably sold it to pawn shop for a few bucks along with a bunch of other had to trace stuff and then used the money to feed their meth habit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.