• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reputable CB Shops/Techs

I've got 2 95t2's one I bought used and the other is a galaxy refurb. Never have tried them on ssb though, I assumed they'd drift like a sailboat. May have to break one out and give it a try one of there days.

I'll probably part with them both though, it's time to get rid of some radios....
I got dibs on the referb, let me know.:cool:

Almost looks like the insulator on the 2312 screw is missing and either heat sync goop squeezed out from under the screw or the tab melted to the screw. Whatever it is, it doesn't look like an insulator in this pic.. Could just be the image though. The tab is connected to the collector on the 2312. 2024-02-29 16_30_53-wall-photo-galaxy-inside-three-jpg.67819 (750×563) - Brave.png

from the looks of this picture even though its harder to tell when you zoom in....the outer legs of the 8 volt regulator look like they are not soldered properly. try to pull up on them with a dental pick or mini screw driver. Not hard though. Your just making sure they are making a good contact.

@575nightrider Can you please elaborate:
You said that the TX light does not light up when you transmit. AND what do you mean by the meter shows 20 watts? which meter? on the radio when you key up? OR is it stuck on 20w all the time?
wall photo GALAXY INSIDE BOARD ONE.jpg

Last edited:
I got dibs on the referb, let me know.:cool:
from the looks of this picture even though its harder to tell when you zoom in....the outer legs of the 8 volt regulator look like they are not soldered properly. try to pull up on them with a dental pick or mini screw driver. Not hard though. Your just making sure they are making a good contact.
Can you please elaborate:
You said that the TX light does not light up when you transmit. AND what do you mean by the meter shows 20 watts? which meter? on the radio when you key up? OR is it stuck on 20w all the time?
View attachment 67824
I saw that too, but I couldn't tell where on the inside. It looks like it's been scratched around? I think I know what it's suppose to look like, a couple inches away you'll see these round patterns with a leg from something, they pop out at me now that I look. I can tell you for sure it's NOT the same pill It's missing a red stamp

Attachments

• wall photo GALAXY INSIDE PLACE ON BOARD.jpg
    wall photo GALAXY INSIDE PLACE ON BOARD.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 3
  • WALL PHOTO GALAXY INSIDE BAD PLACE ON BOARD TWO.jpg
    WALL PHOTO GALAXY INSIDE BAD PLACE ON BOARD TWO.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
You can look for smoking guns but it's really hard to diagnose through photos.

With some tools we could walk you through some trouble shooting steps but it all depends on what tools you have at hand.

There are a some true techs in wwdx that can repair that radio for you.

I'm curious though, he said he replaced the pill in it. Is that a real Toshiba?

Almost looks like the insulator on the 2312 screw is missing and either heat sync goop squeezed out from under the screw or the tab melted to the screw. Whatever it is, it doesn't look like an insulator in this pic.. Could just be the image though. The tab is connected to the collector on the 2312. View attachment 67823
Screws there, see if this is better pic

Attachments

• wall photo galaxy inside 2312 part.jpg
    wall photo galaxy inside 2312 part.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: brandon7861

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.