• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Restore of Yaesu FT757GX and Matching supply restoration.

OldTech03

Dec 15, 2017
This was one of the 4 solid days of trying to get this done for a customer that wanted this ready for Christmas???? Well, I got it done.

First, the 757GX needed to be repaired in several areas It didn't xmit, It didn't receive well, the display readout didn't reflect the actual frequency it was on. And after bringing back to transmit its power was only around 45 watts on SSB after all those issues were resolved it was on to the Power supply which the customer wanted it to look like new and we were able to make that happen. Images below.

I was able to use a factory automotive paint to match the case of the Power supply as close as possible and as you can see it turned out great so much so the customer was generous with a tip even after charging $245 for the work so there you go.

four.jpg three.jpg two.jpg five.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.