• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rfx75 help

audiocracker

Mar 13, 2011
Does anyone know wich wires to cut off the rfx 75 before install?,, the instructions say to cut off the rx output but i dont know wich one it is..there are three coax type wires on the board, two with a color band on the end one without. also the instructions say take a cap off the bourd and i did that then cut the coax by the cap that was removed.. Help:confused:. kennethjustinanderson@gmail.com oh yaa... im working on a cobra 29 and 4 pin cobra 148 thanks

Go here and look, it show's clearly the coax mentioned.
http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/accessories/power_band/rfx_75/graphics/rfx75_coax_cable_locations.pdf

rfx75.jpg

rfx 75. lost recieve after install

0po... i got it.. but now ive lost my recieve.. it comes on when i unkey the mic but only for a second... anyoneU"?U"?

belly's for bonzo

nope.. i put the power wire in my belly...lol thanks i got it..for some reason i lost recieve..weird.. i used to be a tech. but now i just dabble i think i forgot alott

audiocracker, you need this page of info:

Powerband RFX75

the coax to cut off the board is the RX OUT. it is for receive in some radios, but is not needed in the 29LTD.

in the pic that mack posted above, this would be the one near the bottom left.
NOT the one thats right next to the cap that gets removed!!!
that is your RF OUT and if you cut it, you will have to remove the board from the unit and solder on a new cable there.
i guess you could remove the receive coax by unsoldering it and then use it for the RF out coax.

i sure hope you did not cut the wrong one, that would be a PITA.
LC

thanks guys i got it.yup i cut the wrong one but i repaired it.. the only thing is, after all is installed, swinging approx 70.. ive lost my recieve, kinda weird when i key the mic, the recieve comes on for a second then goes away.. any ideas?? thanks in advance..kenny

thanks guys i got it.yup i cut the wrong one but i repaired it.. the only thing is, after all is installed, swinging approx 70.. ive lost my recieve, kinda weird when i key the mic, the recieve comes on for a second then goes away.. any ideas?? thanks in advance..kenny

Could be a number of things. Did you remove all the right components per the instructions? Solder bridge maybe while removing or installing anything? I would check over the board and connections very carefully several times.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.