• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RigExpert AA-35 Zoom

AA-35 ZOOM manual. All looks about the same as the 55 except for the frequency range.

Attachments

• UserManual-AA-35ZOOM_en.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
When using an analyzer for mobile antennas is it best to sit in the cab of the truck instead of standing by the truck, pickup truck, in order not to interfere with the signal in any way? Just asking because if I do buy the AA-35 it will all be new to me. Will be learning as I go, so to speak.

I believe it would be best to do so, yes. I have always been inside of the cab where the coax routing ends to do testing. That, or far enough away from the antenna as to know I am not influencing the readings. Not too sure how much you could unless you are right next to it though. I admit I have been able to make most anything work when needed, but actual antenna theory etc is a weak point for me.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I believe it would be best to do so, yes. I have always been inside of the cab where the coax routing ends to do testing. That, or far enough away from the antenna as to know I am not influencing the readings. Not too sure how much you could unless you are right next to it though. I admit I have been able to make most anything work when needed, but actual antenna theory etc is a weak point for me.
When I setup a new antenna on the truck I try to check at the antenna first. If I can hook the analyzer directly with a barrel(?) connector, good. If not I use a 3 foot jumper.When it's the best I can get it, I then check it at the radio. Has worked fairly well for me.
BTW the 55, besides greater frequency coverage will do a couple of other things the 35 doesn't.

JD

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated