• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RIP 4040

Wow, that caught me off guard a bit. Last Hamfest I went to at DeAnza college, one of the guys there (Dago) told me that Scott had a stroke and it had blurred his vision. But his prognosis was supposed to be fair. Then I heard yesterday that Scott had yet another stroke and it didn't look good. Today on Facebook, I read the announcement on Scott's blog there that he had died.

One of the first local guys that I talked to when I got back on the radio in '08. Scott and his buddy Dago showed up for a couple of the 'Sidebanders' club luncheons at Sam's BBQ and we all had a great time. The really sad part to all of this, is that Scott's very young son (<6 y.o.) will be without his Dad when growing up. My condolences to his family. Great guy to talk to on the radio, and a fine friend and local radio operator. You will be missed, Scott.

Last edited:
Wow, he was too young to die, and to leave behind a son is so sad. 4040 was nice enough to meet me once and I can still picture his face from about 10 years ago. I had to meet the guy behind the voice.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent to his family. I have also watched many of his youtube videos and had hoped someday to talk to him on the air. He will always be a legend of the radio. RIP my friend.

no words...R.I.P. Scott...

4040.jpg

Talked to him a ton of times and always enjoyed the conversations. Never met him but always treated me great on the airwaves. RIP 4040. The guy who coined the phrase videogate! Prayers to the the family. I know he had a young son.

Always enjoyed his gates and listening to him talking dx and singing his song, setting on the dock of the bay, dx on channel 28 will never be the same RIP 4040..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.