• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RocketBox HD500 w/9530 FETs

I almost bought a Rocketbox in kit form myself.
So I have not owned one.
Sadly due to ignorance I do not know if the amp is poorly designed and FET designs all work as advertised.
In general I like external amplifiers that use output transistors intended for the production of RF and I do not really care if they are bipolar, FET, LDMOS or anything else.
You really are best keeping them at stock output power and making sure you have a FANTASTIC swr and that the box's input and output tune are spot on. To put it bluntly there only redeeming quality is that they are insanely CHEAP !
I Agree & it's just too bad you can't afford to try one out for yourself. They work as advertised & draw much less amperage than a bipolar pill box at 14 volts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?