• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Roof mount

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
I have an f150 pickup the roof has grooves in it. Will my 1000 mount work if I can get it between the grooves? I mean will it not leak and get good swr??
Thanks
Bobby

I have used the 1000 and 5000 roof mounts before and never a water leak. I never had a problem getting a flat match but depending on the vehicle you might have to cut an inch or two off the stinger.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Works fine on a Chevy
20160729_092751_zpswre9tauf.jpg
20160729_092751_zpswre9tauf.jpg

The problem with the roofs on the new Fords is that there is very little space between/in the grooves, you just don't have much flat surface area available to position an antenna mount.

The problem with the roofs on the new Fords is that there is very little space between/in the grooves, you just don't have much flat surface area available to position an antenna mount.

Imagine my surprise when I rented one, and the mag mount wouldn't stick. Aluminum bodies now, ya know.

On my '07 F150, I can fit the Wilson 5000 mag between the grooves, just a bit north of the center of the roof with no problem.

Brett

Forward or rear of center works just fine. Better than nothing!! Yes maybe slightly more directional. But not such a bad thing at times!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.