1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Rotatable Dipole

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by WR0220, Nov 13, 2010.

1. WR0220

WR0220 Active Member

Here's a rotatable dipole I slapped together a couple weeks ago out of some bits and pieces I had laying around:

[​IMG]

I'll be using it for 10m/11m. I'm still waiting for some decent weather day (it's been raining like a cow pissin' on a flat rock lately) so I can get out on the roof and put it up. Once it's up I'll let you know how it's working.

2. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

I had one for 17 meters up at 50 ft & with just 100 watts it worked VERY WELL.I worked a SPECIAL EVENT STATION in Switzerland during a HUGE PILEUP they were running in Memory of Pope John Paul that had died.I made the contact on the SECOND CALL & the other ham who had just put the antenna on the tower for me could NOT believe I busted that pileup with that antenna & just the 100 watts from my ICOM 756 PROII.It does NOT compare to the MOSLEY TA-53M that I have NOW but it held it's own for TWO OFF BRAND Hamstick imitation mobile antennas & a cheap mount I bought used for $20 TOTAL.Enjoy the antenna! :D

SIX-SHOOTER

3. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

Sweet. Looks good.