• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rotatable Dipole

WR0220

Oct 26, 2008
DX Land
Here's a rotatable dipole I slapped together a couple weeks ago out of some bits and pieces I had laying around:

Image6.jpg

I'll be using it for 10m/11m. I'm still waiting for some decent weather day (it's been raining like a cow pissin' on a flat rock lately) so I can get out on the roof and put it up. Once it's up I'll let you know how it's working.

I had one for 17 meters up at 50 ft & with just 100 watts it worked VERY WELL.I worked a SPECIAL EVENT STATION in Switzerland during a HUGE PILEUP they were running in Memory of Pope John Paul that had died.I made the contact on the SECOND CALL & the other ham who had just put the antenna on the tower for me could NOT believe I busted that pileup with that antenna & just the 100 watts from my ICOM 756 PROII.It does NOT compare to the MOSLEY TA-53M that I have NOW but it held it's own for TWO OFF BRAND Hamstick imitation mobile antennas & a cheap mount I bought used for $20 TOTAL.Enjoy the antenna! :D

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.