• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Royce model 642 deluxe SSB base station for sale or possible trade

LOL wow had I known ! Well that range is acceptable to me on those channels geeeez... Oh well ! I will probably go with a Royce 641 base then, unless it sucks haha na couldn't be that bad....

Tried to watch it but says the video is corrupt bro !! Can you fix it or give another reference ?

Retro :)

That's odd. All I did was make a video with my phone, and post it to Photobucket to host it. There shouldn't be anything corrupt with the video at all! I'll look into it further when I can.

~Cheers~

This base is retro old school and extremely nice condition with it already being aligned and peaked and tuned to specs from the service manual which you'll get with this awesome unit... It's hard to find a radio in such well cared for condition and you'll get a handmic that is Royce for overall completeness... Everything works as it should on this vintage radio ! Deluxe model 642 by Royce sideband in superb shape up for grabs, so don't let this unit pass ya up as it would make a great addition to your vintage collection or any ssb base with 40 channels to use daily ...

Paypal as gift or postal money order or bank check .... Prefer Paypal. Outright to buy asking $300 which gets you insured tracking priority mail to US residents...

The service manual included in on the manual is an ultimate reproduction of the original which I paid $50 bucks for.

Retro 73's from Hoosier state

I want the Royce 642.

What's up retro? I'll swap you a nice sonar fs23 and a Robyn 123b straight up for the Royce. The sonar works as it should and is cosmetically very nice. The Robyn's minty cosmetically but doesn't receive as nice as I think it should. Don't get me wrong it hears nice but from what I read about the ears imo it should be nicer. Great audio reports. As good as a 6bq5' single 6bq5 will. . The sonar recives and transmitts like it should as I've several and the difference between them is negligible. It's a bit dusty inside as I stored it un boxed. If you interested let me me know. Well discuss mic's when you tell me which mic your giving up with the Royce. Of course that's if your interested. Either way good luck. UOTE="Retro CB Guy, post: 497541, member: 41824"]

This base is retro old school and extremely nice condition with it already being aligned and peaked and tuned to specs from the service manual which you'll get with this awesome unit... It's hard to find a radio in such well cared for condition and you'll get a handmic that is Royce for overall completeness... Everything works as it should on this vintage radio ! Deluxe model 642 by Royce sideband in superb shape up for grabs, so don't let this unit pass ya up as it would make a great addition to your vintage collection or any ssb base with 40 channels to use daily ...

Paypal as gift or postal money order or bank check .... Prefer Paypal. Outright to buy asking $300 which gets you insured tracking priority mail to US residents...

The service manual included in on the manual is an ultimate reproduction of the original which I paid $50 bucks for.

Retro 73's from Hoosier state[/QUOTE]
Il

[QUTE="Retro CB Guy, post: 518659, member: 41824"]This Royce 642 is "SOLD" and thanks for any and all inquirys all the same !

73's - Retro[/QUOTE]
No problem retro. The asking price was fair and there's no doubt who ever got it is definitely enjoying it. I have an fs 2340

OMG ExitThirteen, somehow I missed this video all together so I'm sorta kicking myself that I sold the unit now as that was my main issue cos the radio was very nice ! LOL
Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and score another some day, hey thanks for the video bro and all your previous posts to help me as well wow yeah thanks, your the man !!!

73's Retro

[QUTE="Retro CB Guy, post: 518659, member: 41824"]This Royce 642 is "SOLD" and thanks for any and all inquirys all the same !

73's - Retro
No problem retro. The asking price was fair and there's no doubt who ever got it is definitely enjoying it. I have an fs 2340 in mint as mint can be. Unmodified 100% original. I can't even express in words how clean it is. I've a few other's and am looking to trade for something as sweet as this. I would concider selling it but wouldn't look forward to being degraded for the price I woulf ask. I've seen those fs 2340's sell on eBay for nice money and not one of them ever came close to the cosmetic condition this one's in. It talks and receives like an unmodified 2340 should. If you have something you'd like to swap let me know. If so it must be mint. I have two other's and only use one. I hate to see it packed a way and would like to see someone who's always wanted one get it.Thanksfor responding so quickly to my original request. [/QUOTE]

No problem retro. The asking price was fair and there's no doubt who ever got it is definitely enjoying it. I have an fs 2340 in mint as mint can be. Unmodified 100% original. I can't even express in words how clean it is. I've a few other's and am looking to trade for something as sweet as this. I would concider selling it but wouldn't look forward to being degraded for the price I woulf ask. I've seen those fs 2340's sell on eBay for nice money and not one of them ever came close to the cosmetic condition this one's in. It talks and receives like an unmodified 2340 should. If you have something you'd like to swap let me know. If so it must be mint. I have two other's and only use one. I hate to see it packed a way and would like to see someone who's always wanted one get it.Thanksfor responding so quickly to my original request.
[/QUOTE]

I appriciate the offer but I am not interested in tube type radios and basically 40 channel with SSB and extras is my thing Stellasstillarat...

Retro waving !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.