• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RT1, RT3, RT28 and rant about related service info

radio429

Jun 14, 2008
North Carolina
Why do these clowns keep doing this? Make it a guessing game. I guess they only want their "select" "factory" shops to have the correct information and parts. Many of us have been servicing the CB & export radios for decades and really don't care to waste time with these silly games. I guess they are more interested in selling a 30-cent part for $3 then helping shops service their equipment anymore. More customers ask me every day why there are so few service shops around anymore. Many old-time techs are just saying to heck with it. This is one of the reasons. Having to work on equipment with no schematics (like the Newer Uniden & Anytone radios) and no information sources except ourselves or those who might be kind enough to share their reverse engineered findings or take days to do it ourselves. Really isn't worth the trouble. Most of us know what the RT1 is now but they keep doing this private label crap. I am so done with this garbage. I guess the 11-meter industry is getting more like the cell phone bunch. Everything proprietary and trying to keep all servicing in-house as well as parts sourcing. Uniden has a problem with their displays on their BC880, BC990 models and they won't sell you the part, but you can ship the radio to them and they will repair it for a flat rate of $60 (at least they did, maybe more than that by now. If you call them about a schematic, they will tell you they are proprietary and won’t release them.

Here's the new connex with RT3 mosfets.

I'll buy some replacements from the parts guys and maybe they'll send me a batch that haven't been sanded like they did last time.... It's ridiculous isn't it. Post #8 in the thread below

Solution is simple. Don't buy radios without schematic/service manual released.
When someone want to get that crap repaired tell him, that you don't do disposable radios.
Mike
You just said EXACTLY what I was thinking. LOL. I was about to mention the right to repair movement also as some others have mentioned but I figured I had already whined enough about it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.