• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Running wires thru firewall 2017 f150

That is the short track to a dead finals in your radio or a smoked amp! The inductive kick from the starter will exceed the voltage ratings of many components in the radio. The kick back will often be three time the supplied voltage and more in certain circumstances.
The alternator output post is a better location, Granted it needs to be filtered, but it is a lot easier than trying to fight inductive kickback from the starter and the solenoid.

Inductive kickback?????? Did you make that up?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyone whom has had to deal with Hydro static waterlock - caused by steam and water leaking past a head gasket - can also find their alternator trio, or regulator - fried from the back emf when the starter moves the piston into the right spot during the compression stroke, only to force the piston back down the cylinder due to the spark advance too early ignited by the fluids that mixed with fuel from the backfire. Caused all by the deformation of the head to block and their dissimilar metal designs.

No, it's not impossible - and if you were around in the days, even the Model A could render you useless when the handcrank ratchet mechanism failed and it nearly took your hand with it.

:+> Andy <+:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated