• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Russian Markarov

Red , Ralph have guns ? :whistle::) I'll get there before I croak & see his collection , Dee ( My wife ) tells me all the time , lets go visit Ralph ! Besides we are thinking of relocating , & I can't leave my Ernie home by himself & I know Ralph has kennels . Be afraid My Buddy Ralph , You & Molly might get visitors !:)

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
My uncle had a Makarov. It too - had needed the ramp polished becuse of the jamming problem.
I also had a .380 (Bernadelli/PPK copy) with a jamming problem with the ramp. So I took out the Dremel and used some polishing compound and cured its ramping problem too. It wasn't as easy as just a little buffing; but had to get some real massaging. It still would jam every once in a while. Using a good grade of ammo seemed to help a lot. But not really fond of that caliber. 9mm seems to be a better all-round cartridge. With a good grade of ammo, I've had zero issues with 9mm - IMO. Also a reliable small C&C weapon . . .

Last edited:
Thanks Robb , Mine is 380acp , factory ammo loaded , just getting ready to try mine . I was a toolmaker/engineer by trade I check & re-check every round since this happened , spec's are fine ( even better then Factory ) , they should work , my first attempt @ buying Meister Lead from Midway . Must say it re-loads nice ! Using a 95g cast lead RDN & 3.5 of Unique , what works , works well they said 4g ! Wow they must be suicidal ! I hope firing those first 5 test rounds didn't cause my problem ? Too Hot ! Got my recipe from a 1971 Speers manual .

Neither owned nor shot a Sig yet. Seem to be very popular with a great reputation - tho. Looks to be well made ('fit and finish').
I run with either a S&W model 39-2 (9mm/discontinued Navy SEAL model) or the Taurus Millennium 9mm, since either uses the same holster. Both are impeccable shooters; but the Taurus trigger does take some getting used to since it has a great deal of trigger drag. But certainly doable while being far cheaper than the Glock counterpart.
But I do own a Glock cap tho - lol . . ..

Last edited:
Red , Ralph have guns ? :whistle::) I'll get there before I croak & see his collection , Dee ( My wife ) tells me all the time , lets go visit Ralph ! Besides we are thinking of relocating , & I can't leave my Ernie home by himself & I know Ralph has kennels . Be afraid My Buddy Ralph , You & Molly might get visitors !:)
I'm starting to wonder if that collection rivals Heston's collection. The shrine to all collectors.

The feed ramp can polish itself with enough rounds put through it. Some times the feed ramp needs a little help too. One of the things that affects the feeding and chambering is the timing. The magazine spring and the slide spring have to work together. Exactly how they effect each other I don't know.

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
On the PPK copy, there was no self fixing on that ramp. The machining on that part was very poor from the factory. There were small fleks of copper on it from the scrubbing it was doing to the rounds that had been pushed thru it. It really needed to be polished to a real gloss with medium, fine, and then superfine polishing compound with the dremel. Took a bit of time to get there - too. Not every weapon has the same level of attention to the ramp. Never had that problem on my Smith or Taurus; but that PPK was just nasty. YMMV . . .

Right there with you fogdog. The magazine is the first go to when a bottom feeder starts acting weird on me. Recoil spring is the second. That's not always the problem though.

Not many parts to a magazine but doesn't take much to get them out of spec. A drop on the floor can get the feed lip angles screwed up.

Leo is right...mags are expensive for what they are.

Beware of Triple-K magazines. K+K+K=JUNK :eek:

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
Mag's have been disassembled & cleaned , both had the same results . I'm haven't fired it yet got busy w/ neglected chores her on the farm because I spent too much time @ the reloading bench lately !:whistle: Ralph created a Monster !:LOL: I have 2 mags , one was never used , same results . So I headed in that feed ramp issue . Never noticed that ridge in the ramp before , just hope it wasn't the result of the few over zealous rounds I loaded per the old " Speer " manual Ralph & I have . 4g of powder was a tad hot for that girl (imo) I know what a 380acp feels like when you shoot it & Wow it was Hot for sure ! Little gun , so @ 20 yds I put 2 out of 5 Dead Center in the Bull , I pulled a few but all in the scoring range . Just seemed like too much powder , now down to 3.5 .

Robb , That little Mouse gun Sig P-238 is sweet for sure ! So small It would almost fit in the watch pocket of your jeans ! Just kidding ! But yes Well Made ! & the price reflects that , she bought hers when they had the Sig Rep @ a Black Friday special @ a local gun shop . Must say she worked that rep , She ended up w/ 2 spare mags , Hat & a Range Bag ! Plus got the laser sight for Free ! :)

Here's the deal , 5 rounds in mag , ( maybe should have loaded all 8 ) , these were my rounds , first 3 cycled fine , 4 did not chamber , took mag out , saw bullet in mag , pulled back slide ,bullet chambered , bullet fired , last round did not will not put that :censored: slide back when empty because it will not chamber ! Going to try 8 rnds in mag . But my loads work awesome ! That's what matters , again that round that would not chamber has no knots on it's lead head .:whistle::)

Reactions: Rwb and fogdog
Good thing is , no un-fired rounds bouncing around in the slide .
My rounds are specking @ .983 -.984 , .984 is the Lyman manual spec , don't think some that are .983 are making a difference ??? Believe me after all this BS I'm checking every round I make ! But it's better .

Reactions: Rwb and fogdog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated