• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

S9 CB Magazine Archive - new project

I love the stuff from the 70's seeing that's when I got in it makes sense. I really enjoyed reading the review of the Mark IV. It brought back memories of all that was going on with CB at the time. It wasn't just adding channels, there was so much talk about modulation being cut back and that the radios just wouldn't talk very well. Also it was going to be illegal to sell a radio that didn't have 40 channels. So everyone was waiting to hear one on the air and wow did they sound as good as ever.

That brings back some great memories of being a youngster in the 70s drooling over the radio picks. Thanks!

It's great to see that others remember these gems. I, also remember when S9 transformed into Pop Comm. I was at the newstand waiting to see if their would be yet another S9 magazine. Tom had ventured into other radio areas as you can tell from some of the magazine covers. Behold, their it was "Pop Comm". That was Sept 82. I used to have all the issues of Pop comm and many S9's as well as CB Times and CB magazine. By the way Tom passed away a couple of years ago. 73.

Posted another whole year of issues recently. Now have over 1,000 pages of old S9 magazines on there. Lots more to come but scanning them in takes a while. :)

I have about 70 more issues I think to scan in. Trying to get my hands on some of the 80's ones as most I have are 60's and early 70's.

I think I'm starting to suffer from S9 withdrawl. Any chance you'll get some free time to give us some more any time soon?

I have a whole box of them waiting to be scanned in.

Just a time thing, been focusing on getting some reviews done this month.

As soon as I have some spare time I'll try to scan in another full year!

Reactions: 1 person
Nice job!

Thank you so much for your work on scanning the S9 Magazines!

I remember when I was a kid back in the 60's and couldn't wait for the next issue of S9 to show up at the local newsstand!

Thanks to eBay, I've been able to find some old issues. They sure bring back memories! I commend you for your efforts to save and archive these gems from the past. Many of the newer operators will undoubtedly gain some valuable insight into the history of CB radio.

As for us old-timers, we can fondly recall the "good ol' days" by again perusing the pages of the magazine that we so fondly remember.

Keep up the good work!

Sparky CO3026

-

Is there any chance that these will ever get scanned in? I'd love to read some of these from the hayday of CB like 75-78

Just FYI - we've got some of the late 60's scanned in (1,000 more pages worth) and just working on trying to get them sized and organized on webpages.

Working my way towards the 70's :) Scanning 60-70 pages of each issue is not a fast process.

Hope to have the new issues posted up early March.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated