• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

Look at this radio on flea bay and see if it looks similar

Jeff
It does not have the modulation lamp/indicator...... the color scheme is identical.....

But it appears to be identical .

Every control matches position perfectly.

I will pull this down and take a look.

Thanks!!!!

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Dan, I am back again........

It looks like a radio .... GRAND PRIX D-1325RF

Should be in CB-132.

Can you check and see if you have that?

Another member here has suggested that this could be a match for this "Smokey 23" that I just bought cheap.

Thanks,
Bob
Welcome back...Let me check... Dan

Should be in CB-132.

Another member here has suggested that this could be a match for this "Smokey 23" that I just bought cheap.

Thanks,
Bob
Yes I have CB-132.....give me a chance to scan it for you...

Should be in CB-132.

Thanks,
Bob
Here you go Bob.... Dan

Attachments

• Grand Prix D-1325RF.pdf
    19.1 MB · Views: 14
It does not have the modulation lamp/indicator...... the color scheme is identical.....

But it appears to be identical .

Every control matches position perfectly.

I will pull this down and take a look.

Thanks!!!!
It does have a modulation indicator. I saw it on the schematic. It's embedded in one of those small boxes along the top of the channel selector.

Just finished my modified enhanced service manual along with a separate spliced schematic. If you find a crystal that's out of tolerance, go to page 3. For faster reference, I often include the crystal layout frequency with associated channel chart.
D-1325RF Schematic.jpg

Attachments

• GRAND PRIX D-1325RF service manual.pdf
    14.4 MB · Views: 15
Thanks Dan......In about a week or less I'll post the enhancement and schematic splicing.
No problem... Dan
Just finished my modified enhanced service manual along with a separate spliced schematic. If you find a crystal that's out of tolerance, go to page 3. For faster reference, I often include the crystal layout frequency with associated channel chart.
View attachment 68378
Awesome....thanks... Dan
@danmcclain @sunbulls
Thank you both for the excellent work. I am grateful for this.
I'm here to help if I can... Dan

The one that I have....
The faceplate control locations are identical.. but mine does not have a modulation lamp.
By comparing the photo of your board with the schematic, R472, R473, R474, are missing. Oddly they left behind Q47 and other associated components. They essentially completely disabled that circuit by removing those 3 resistors.

Do you have the missing knob? Otherwise I’ll look to see if I can find one.
Mod indicator.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen The Realistic TRC-424 from around 1977ish ...see zip attached below.
trc-424 1.jpgtrc-424 2.jpg

Attachments

• TRC-424.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
Hi Dan, would you have CB-292? I would be very grateful if you could scan the Motorola CM-550 information please. The scan I have of it now, it is difficult to read many of the component labels and values.

Reactions: guitar_199
Scan for the Motorola CM550/555. I tried to leave some overlap on the images that span multiple pages to make it a little easier to follow lines when you're trying to figure out where a signal is going. Someone with skills may be able to stitch those together into a single image.

Attachments

• Moto_CM550_555.pdf
    34.3 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.