• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Satellite dishes are protected by federal law but not amateur antennas?

You got a point there....both of you....everywhere is a sat dish in those restricted communities. Satelite dish is an antenna.

Glad I don't live in a restricted community.....besides they can't have bonfires, howl at the moon, shoot out the lights. Y'all can keep that crap with all those amenities that cost more and are actually inconvenient. Way I see things HOA restrictions should lower the property value. All those track houses, cookie cutter, cardboard cut outs, all spaced 10 feet apart, with a micro front yard and outback ain't much bigger. Got narcissistic & nosey neighbor creep'n along the fence, more worried about what you are doing rather than minding his/her own fucking bidness. Then there is the self appointed HOA "representatives" with no real life at all with a sole purpose to make life difficult for others, only because they themselves are unhappy.

Sorry cool, when you buy into that property with mindless zombies running around telling you what you can or can't do with "your" property.....its evident one has given up ones freedoms.

Good luck with your quest. Lived in Florida for a while....found it to be the most Yankee suthern state that needs to send those fools back to NY to let them live in misery and not afflict us with liberal logic (oxy moron there).

Many "radio type" people support the HOA regs.
And many dont. A lot of those "regs" go way too far imo.
I guess my point is that if youre a licensed operator an HOA shouldnt be allowed to restrict your emergency communications amateur antenna just as they cant restrict your satellite tv dish antennas.

They do have a place in the civilized world. Imagine buying house for $1,250,000.00 and then have a clown move in next door and put up a moon raker 64?
Oh oh time for amfo!

But a 40 foot satellite dish is legal... SMH...

Has anyone here successfully converted an old aluminum satellite dish into a viable antenna? Maybe thats a temporary answer lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.