• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

No it's fine just a bad angle.
Also looks like one of those audiophool caps.
I have no idea why they put those audio caps in power supplies.

The cap that's questionable is the one on the DC jack.

Reactions: kaos513
OMG!

Warning!
Post Contains Graphic Material
That May Not Be Suitable for Some Viewers

Discretion Is STRONGLY Advised

Even worse at 9:06...

He's already done the work on that board...note he "tried" to solder the board screws down too...

SnakeRadio980.jpg

Lots of Arterial and Organ pieces left behind on the table too...
SnakeRadio980a.jpg

I don't want more popcorn...

I'm gonna need a "barf bag"...

Last edited:
I didn't think you could get solder to bond to stainless screws?
They are stainless right?
If they are just steel I guess you could get it to flow but this seems awful hard to get it to work. You may have to grind at the screws... something.

What is this going to do? It is another audiophool mod to make the radio "sound better" like the audio caps in power supplies?

Probably his attempt to increase the ground and keep the screws from backing loose. Looks like he possibly got them hot enough to stick but to nothing else, don’t look like the ground trace is making contact. And it’s pointless anyway. We all know that.

This post has been corrected....

No they're plated steel - most of the time it's nickel - so solder will take to them - but only with a h*ll of a lot of heat and flux - it'll look like hell and not the best at bonding either.

It's better to leave the screws alone, and as needed - back them out, remove and reflow fresh solder onto the pads below the screw head for them. Take some simple alcohol to clean off any oxides off the screw to clean it, then replace screws and torque - firmly - not strip.

If the screws got rust, just replace with new ones 4mm stuff...
Should be...
If the screws got rust, just replace with new ones 3mm stuff...

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
If the concern is the screw backing out then use a star or split washer.
Thread locker is another solution.

But, no. this is another item on his "sheet" of things he does that you, the customer, pay for.

I know the game. It's simple.
He does not do a "flat rate" type of job.
Remember, its $30 an hour...
Soldering the screws takes "time" which he then gets to bill for as well as the line item that's on what he calls a "build sheet".
You pay twice. Once for the item on the sheet and for the time.

Also known as "double dipping"

Another thing that bothers me is that he supposedly lives with his friend or something.
Renting the room?
Always says "money is tight" or that he "doesn't have it".
Complains that he has to work 12 hour days 6 days a week. Sometimes 7.
That would be... 30x12 which gives us $360 a day. Not too shabby.
360x6 means he supposedly earns $2160 a week.
Wow! nice!
52 weeks in a year.. 2160x52 is $112,320 a year.
And he pays no taxes.
That's just his time. That's not parts or radio markups.

This puts him in the higher tiers of earners in Chandler where the median is 72k/yr
The median home price is well within reach for him, too.
He can own his own home on his salary.

Conclusion: Either he does not make $30/hr OR he blows his money on something.

If you send him a radio so he can solder screws then you are contributing to the fleecing of America. He pays no taxes but uses the services in his city just like the people on welfare he complains about.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.