• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

Mig weld them in if you’re unsure about the loctite. Use JB Weld down the sides of the PCB for extra support, making sure you drill holes down the sides of the frame so it has something extra to bite into.

oh gaad please don't use the green locktite!

I have to weld nuts to the heads of tiny socket head cap screws (about 50 of them) in order to remove them to do a certain annual service here at work.

the damn factory where the piece was built used green locktite on all of them, apparently not thinking that poly casters might wear out eventually.

maybe we should start riveting the PC boards in. LOL

LC

What do they use at the factory?

that's a good question kaos. If anyone knows of the actual product name, please post it.

specifically i am talking about the greenish stuff that hardens like plastic and just shatters away like glass when you pick at it.

maybe there is an industrial nail polish? LOL
LC

Maybelline?

Maybe I’m beautiful?

Just add a little salt when you rinse out the insides of the radio and the rust will keep everything nice and tight.(y)

Best damn answer yet!

that's a good question kaos. If anyone knows of the actual product name, please post it.

specifically i am talking about the greenish stuff that hardens like plastic and just shatters away like glass when you pick at it.

LC

I too would like such a thing, like what they use at the factory.

oh gaad please don't use the green locktite!

I have to weld nuts to the heads of tiny socket head cap screws (about 50 of them) in order to remove them to do a certain annual service here at work.

the damn factory where the piece was built used green locktite on all of them, apparently not thinking that poly casters might wear out eventually.

maybe we should start riveting the PC boards in. LOL

LC
You might be able to just heat up the screw with a soldering gun to melt the loctite. I have worked on German equipment where the 50hp motor has the pulley loctite ed on from the factory. Takes about 20 min with a propane torch to unglue it.

LC

Threebond 1401.
Specifically TB1401B

I need to pick another occupation instead of design+manufacturing :)
I am full of useless information :)

Reactions: kaos513
You might be able to just heat up the screw with a soldering gun to melt the loctite. I have worked on German equipment where the 50hp motor has the pulley loctite ed on from the factory. Takes about 20 min with a propane torch to unglue it.

I like that idea!
I'm going to bring it up to the guys that do that maintenance now. thanks.
(they'll probably tell me they've tried it LOL)

Martian, you just successfully converted one piece of useless info into a useful one.
Only those of us who are full of useless information possess such a skill.

thanks for that.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    No conditions woodstown NJ.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place