• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scorpion Repair Shop?

Yea come to mention it, that guy hasn’t put up anything either. Hmm.

I know a lot of guys on these forums don’t like BBi but I think he’s alright. Maybe he doesn’t know half of what he’s talking about but he makes it sound like he does. And for certain, he knows more about it than I do or I’d be building amps. Wait a minute, I do. But I do it for fun and not profit. Still, he knows more than I do.

This Scorpion character, I don’t know anything about him so I can’t say, I don’t watch his videos. I can’t chug enough alcohol and swallow enough Xanax to sit through a Jokerman video, bout 10 seconds maximum. Bout the same for ole Snakeman.

There’s some guys I wish would make videos, maybe they do and I don’t know it. There’s a few on this forum that I believe would make some very good and informative videos.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Someone mentioned the joker man electronics to me awhile back.
I feel bad for him.
He seems like a nice guy but he is ignorance on fire.
I don't get an impression of malice from him. Just ignorance.

I can't say I know anything about this BBI person.
To me, like @Handy Andy said, the "amp builder" thing has gotten out of control and the most vocal "techs" are taking people for a ride.

I really thought that Scorpion was trying to do the right thing and not get into it with the kiddies so he will be missed.

Come to think of it, with the exception of BBi, I think most everyone who I watched that was an amp guy hasn’t posted vids lately.

Hmm.

I know somebody ratted out Tech Nine. A-holes.

I was gonna say something else but I just forgot what I was gonna say. I’ll be back when I remember.

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or follow Alex Jones but...

The FCC may have decided to do a "Sting" and hit everyone at once.
That is pure speculation. But if a lot of these guys have gone quiet at the same time it may be either because of that OR because one of them, like Scorpion, got a letter so they keep a low profile and stop attracting attention.

Reactions: buddyrose
Who is actually building anymore? Every site is pulling amps down, videos are disappearing, it’s almost as if the hammy hams are lurking and waiting to rat on anyone.

A guy can’t get a decent amp anymore

There are better amp builders out there than the ones on youtube or have web pages.... do a little research

Well I gotta stand out as the dumb one and ask, who?

I build too and don’t have a website advertising that I do it or a YouTube be channel but I don’t consider myself better than the ones who do.

Come on, spread the knowledge for us with weak GoogleFu skillz.

Reactions: Jeff L
These amp builders are really amp "assemblers" more than anything.
They have a set of schematics they got in a Google search and buy the parts from the same place.
And the myths and legends that go with the assembly process.

I didn't think of Scorpion as a builder.
He took mostly broken amps, repaired them, and tried to make them halfway decent.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.