• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SDRplay RSP1 vs RSP2

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
Any one have the 2? if i am Just going to be playing around with HF 75% of the time is the RSP2 worth it?

I have the 2, it's worth it! you're still using your radio and antenna you just now have a external full screen size panadapter with mouse clickable frequency changing in the waterfall, what's not to like about that?

There are Plenty of free open source software to use on them to Interface to your rig.

I mainly use it for the panadapter waterfall display but you can use headphones on your computer and use it with 2 receivers for listening to a DX station working wide split to find the frequency he is picking up more of.

Go with the RSP2 for the extra antenna/radio ports so you don't regret it later. I run my TS590SG and my Icom 7000 on 2 of the SDRplay ports. The 590 is for HF and the Icom is for VHF and beyond.

SDRUno and SDR console are 2 of my favorite free SDR software programs.

Published spec's appear to be the same.

They have a FM filter built into the software.

I have to use a low pass filter because I have a 50kw AM broadcast tower nearby.

Well, it's definitely better than the cheaper units flooding eBay. I just have the RSP1a. Works well for my uses. I think Mike must be on a pensioners budget.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.