• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Searching the top ten worst cb and 10 mt band equipment around the wold.

wls27mhz

Mar 24, 2013
IM77HQ
wls27mhz.jimdo.com
I am making an international list with the top 10 worst radio equipments for its low quality, bad sond, tx and rx and other shits.

This is my temporally list:

- MAAS

- ANYTONE

- INTEK

- JOKER

- TTI

- TEAM

... and others for the same style.
I hope can find that list.
Best regards.

Just about anything made by Maxon,all cybernet SSB radios,but the biggest P.O.S in recent years was the Cobra 200 GTL DX. There was a few notoriously piss poor UKFM chassis too,the great chassis,Braemaer PT40 and its clones were classic examples.

Reactions: 1 person
Just about anything made by Maxon,all cybernet SSB radios,but the biggest P.O.S in recent years was the Cobra 200 GTL DX. There was a few notoriously piss poor UKFM chassis too,the great chassis,Braemaer PT40 and its clones were classic examples.

Jazz I couldnt have said it better myself!!! I had a brandnew Cobra 200GTL and it was by far the upmost biggest P.O.S. I ever owned!! It broke about 5 or 6 times before Cobra sent me a rembursment check for the purchase price only. I lost out on all the shipping and insurance money I spent on purchasing and resending the radio out several times for repairs.

Jazz I couldnt have said it better myself!!! I had a brandnew Cobra 200GTL and it was by far the upmost biggest P.O.S. I ever owned!! It broke about 5 or 6 times before Cobra sent me a rembursment check for the purchase price only. I lost out on all the shipping and insurance money I spent on purchasing and resending the radio out several times for repairs.

I missed that one in my 25 year hiatus. Enjoy
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou..._YHAAQ&usg=AFQjCNGJVdGquIwIj-14UM0CuJ6SHxrC_A
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/200gtl_dx/index.htm

Last edited:
I've never owned one, but I've sure seen many complaints about them. Google is full of anecdotal stories. I think the lack of technical responses so far is a result of bad memories being conjured up.

There's a local guy that had two of them a couple months back. He got them off of the original owner. They both sounded really good. He had them a few days. Some 20 something local truck driver heard them and squeezed the guy out of both of them.

I haven't heard any hate stories, so they must still be working or he pawned them off. Seems like I remember something about a certain component, that if changed, helped prolong the life. I also seen to recall it had other issues as well.

I'll never buy one unless it was dirt cheap and not stolen.

Maybe I just got lucky but also never let anyone do a peak and tune on it. Seems a lot of the horror stories I heard were related to trying to squeeze every last watt out of the rig and then it going up in smoke.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.