• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Series Pass Modulator for D.I.Y. Hi-Fi & Asymmetry

What is more important to you?

• Audio Quality

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • RF Power Output

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Like "HAM" bands?
OK, since you are the authority on the subject matter, I'll just quit listening to my lying ears and concede that it's completely false because you said so. Thanks for being the arbitrator of all things audio. I'm not sure the world could exist without you, thanks.
hahaha, what a sad and immature display of your ability to hold a conversation. im just relaying what countless studies have proven to be fact! if doing all that audio rack gear stuff is how you play cb radio then go for it. everyone do whatever they want that gives them hobby enjoyment, thats what its all about. but i wont bow down to your false logic and information. with a name like "doctor audio" you would think you knew a little more about the subject besides wrong information. see you on the air, im the guy running 5kc wide stepping all over ya!

Last edited:
@LeapFrog - Haven't heard from you in a while - hope things are well with you!

In case anyone really hasn't noticed - (Redundant?) most of the discussion happens to be around the bandwidth - wanted just to point out several radios that are now AM only, but don't use "Mod Transformers" anymore.

President ANDY II -
1644710253178.png

President Bill -
1644711045085.png
Wheres' the Transformer?

Ok, it's time to gulp a couple of Aspirin and realize the pain is here to stay.

What Leapfrog is doing or trying to show you - is already done and being produced to REPLACE that which we took for granted. Being the Reactance Modulator aspect, the Mod Transformer did - only you need to remove the spike diode and get the full benefit of PHASE modulation which is the equivalent of FM.

So, to complain of even mention the issue of Bandwidth - the above makes the argument moot - bandwidth or not - it's just not going to stop the reign of terror the manufacturers are placing, shoving or dumping onto our shores.

This tells me that the older chassis may be outdated but become more valuable because of the jump over to AM Regulation skips the PHASE process.

Just stuff to think about...

I have a NOS Uniden 78XL. I plan on doing the Gold Finger cap changes and setting it up for an Electret Condenser Mic.

Probably a 1.5 watt to 2 watt dead key and a 2 pill amp behind it. On 99.9 of radio's it will sound 10-8 and Great! Most radio's will not pick up what Prime Minister is putting down! On the other hand they will hear what I am putting down! LOL!

It does not have to sound the best of the best it just has to sound better than 99.9% of radio's to kick ass, leave a foot print and take names! LOL

It is one thing to maximize the performance of a very average radio it is another thing to try to re-invent a radio. If you need a better platform than just start with a better platform.

Cheer's to making a good radio sound it's best on a budget!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.