1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Short Mobile CB Antenna Advice

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by Capt Crunch, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Im thinking look and compare a k40 to a wilson lil wil.set swr to the channel you use most, 300 watts is pushing a 3 ft stick imo.but if your radio is maxing at say 50 watts pep it will work fair.but like i said my wilson is working fine but i buy a new 1 it could be no good . Many great suggestions above.

Capt Crunch and 357magnum like this.

2. jkp1

jkp1 Member

I ran a Lil Will and a Uniden 520 for a while. I could be heard 2-3 miles. I think the Wilson would be fine for what you want.

3. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

Rabbi that is pretty neet. neat.

4. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

If you make a cap hat on a short coiled antenna like that and make it resonant on 27 MHz, it'll be far from a dummy load on a stick.

530, 357magnum, Capt Crunch and 2 others like this.
  5. Capt Crunch

Capt Crunch Captain Crunch NJ Mobile

Just want to thank everyone for their ideas and opinions. I have decided to use a K40 T300PLUSBK (3ft) for around town use. Still got my other antennas for shootin'.

530, 357magnum, Rwb and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Well im glad you decided either the k 40 or lil wil are fine

530 and 357magnum like this.