• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sideband mobile CB with best/most audio

Thanks to all for the responses. I kind of figured the 148/grant would win out here. I probably should have been even more specific and said..."which ssb radio has the best AM audio"? I've had many radios over the years and the Uniden chassis radios are still at the top of the list for me.
preacherman

I have to agree with you preacherman. I am a huge fan of Uniden. The old Cobras are no slouch either but I just like Uniden. Even the new ones. Maybe one of these days soon they will come out with another killer SSB radio like the Grant. So long as it's not called the Clinton or the Bush.

I used to have a 148 F/gtl and it kicked on AM but I was running a Road devil mic on it. I like those radios too. The local shop out here has one but want 150.00 for it. They tend to over price stuff figuring of someone wants it bad enough they will buy it. That is from the owners mouth himself. Prix!!!

1.Older Cobra 148 GTL (8719PLL)
2.Unden Grant XL (8719PLL)
3.Uniden Grant LT (8719PLL)
4.President Grant (8719PLL)
5.Texas Ranger 296 (8719PLL)
6.Galaxy 949/959 (8719PLL)
7.Unden PC-122
8.Realistic TRC-465
9.Cobra 146 GTL
10.Realistic TRC-451

well I run an old jc penny 981-6248 and a grant xl and every one says the grant is a little louder but the jc penny has that big hf radio sound..and I run an old turner road king 70 on both

Switch Kit said:
7.Unden PC-122
8.Realistic TRC-465
9.Cobra 146 GTL
10.Realistic TRC-451
Hmmmm, Mostly all old Uniden Radios!

thedirtmover said:
Switch Kit said:
7.Unden PC-122
8.Realistic TRC-465
9.Cobra 146 GTL
10.Realistic TRC-451
Hmmmm, Mostly all old Uniden Radios!

They made some damned good scanners too !! ;)

Reactions: tecnicoloco
well , it ain't no old school 148GTL/GRANT XL , but I think they hold there own , I've heard to many of them and liked what I heard , AM/SSB sounded good enough for my ear hole. The 959 is also one of the best looking mobile CB radios out there. Personally I would prefer a Grant XL with a wired in FC-390 , getting one used in great condition would be under a C-Note , FC-390 less then 50.00 new in the box . I could get away with the work myself ......that would still be cheaper then a 959 new stock in the box,but I still say it's a decent radio for what it is.

Reactions: Slowmover
268 said:
I have to agree with you preacherman. I am a huge fan of Uniden. The old Cobras are no slouch either but I just like Uniden. Even the new ones. Maybe one of these days soon they will come out with another killer SSB radio like the Grant. So long as it's not called the Clinton or the Bush.

I used to have a 148 F/gtl and it kicked on AM but I was running a Road devil mic on it. I like those radios too. The local shop out here has one but want 150.00 for it. They tend to over price stuff figuring of someone wants it bad enough they will buy it. That is from the owners mouth himself. Prix!!!
HAHA If they came out with one called the clinton or the bush no one would buy it lol.

Reactions: Slowmover
bigred222 said:
HAHA If they came out with one called the clinton or the bush no one would buy it lol.

hmm. really?
With a "President Bush" CB radio, you could declare mud ducks to be part of the axis of evil and send them to "radio gitmo".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated