• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Siltronix 1011

As I recall there are one or two power resistors placed inside the solid state VFO compartment. That was a design flaw that gave the VFO tube drifting characteristics due to the heat dissipated by these resistors. To remove most of that drift (some will remain) relocate the larger power resistors outside of the VFO compartment. I think more details regarding the specific resistors can be found with a Google search. If not, when you take the cover off, it's the one or two that get real hot inside the VFO.

Reactions: Rwb
There is a Yahoo group for the Siltronix 1011 series of transceivers.
tube conversion for 6lb6 or 6LF6.
Requires some rewiring all the 6.3v heaters in series, not hard just little time consuming and double check before turning on power.

Replace all the old caps and measure the carbon resistors replace as needed and that old drifty SWAN wanna be will give you some good service.

Hello Wavrider,

There are several ways you can get 6.3 volts to the final tube filament but the easiest way has already been mentioned using the half wave single diode rectifier. You may find that produces just under 6.3 volts DC at the 6LF6 tube socket but adding a few hundred MFD of filter capacitance can dial it right in perfectly.

Reactions: wavrider and Rwb
I hope I'm not being insensitive by asking, but what elective office is now vacant due to the rat's untimely demise?
must be communications commander office

I hope I'm not being insensitive by asking, but what elective office is now vacant due to the rat's untimely demise?
Parasitics are everywhere...

So if the "Goose is Cooked" - it doesn't necessarily mean it's pop up timer is showing...

Means more like a manifestation of a true critter - performing the act of a Parasitic and now demonstrating the true nature of the results of said parasitic's as a "Carbon Trail".

Cremated via nuke power extremebradiation.might glow green after dark haha

Reactions: kaos513
Siltronix 1011D radios can be somewhat ratty at times. At least mine certainly is. :confused:

414028482.jpg

163948327.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.