• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

siltronix 1011c transmit on cb mod

copclyde

May 15, 2009
:headbang

Does anyone have the info to make a Siltronix 1011c transmit on cb? I have a really nice one, but it has a few issues. Would like to maybe find a tech that can fix it. Its super clean. If you know of someone or have the mod please let me know. Thanks Email copclyde44@hotmail.com

I used to have a Siltronix 1011d several years back and it was modded for 11 meters.From what I remember there was a tap on the coil that is located behind the front panel just to the side of the vfo box.I am sure that there is a mod write up that you can find here somewhere and maybe if you googled it chances are really good you can locate a mod

The one that I had worked great on 11 meter ssb ,it would go AM mode but since those radios are very prone to drift they are not a very good AM rig.....but if you let the radio warm up for a while they will settle down and the drift will be bearable...very tough old radio and alot of fun to use...I do miss the one that I had.

The 1011d and I think the 1011c came factory with a 8950 tube driver but you could run a M2057 and get a bit more power out of it ...about 100 watts with the 8950 and about 150 or a bit more on a good day with the M2057

Secret CB volume 1 page 46.
(NOTE. The "After" picture in the book is wrong)

Remove cover and VFO cover .
Unsolder coil with wire on end from terminal.
Scrape enamal coating from center of coil.
Solder a short wire from coil center to where coil was removed.
Replace cover.

Be sure to use a frequency counter to recalibrate the trimmer capacitors on the two bands. The unit will now operate on the lower and upper halves of the eleven meter band.

Attachments

• Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
:headbangDoes anybody have a smaller pic of the mod so we can see how to do this?:confused:

Pixresizer is a completely free easy to use program which will allow yout to easily resize most digital images.

Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer

or check the links resized to 800x600

http://img162.imageshack.us/i/picture056.jpg/
http://img154.imageshack.us/i/picture057k.jpg/

picture057k.jpg

picture056.jpg

picture056.jpg

picture057k.jpg

My Siltronix VFO model 90 has a problem - it is hooked up to a SBE Console II. It will tune the regular 40 channels; but it doesn't work on the upper freqs. Is there a 'quick fix' for this? I tried to set it with my freq counter and got nothing for the upper freqs. The adjustable cap doesn't seem to work - or am I to adjust something else first?

I'd like to get it working spiffy, as it is a very nice radio. I got it with the SBE power mic; sounds incredible on SSB or AM! Just no upper freqs. The S/RF meter also backwards modulates. It is kinda annoying, and I know there is a fix for that too. Just can't find it anymore...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.