• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

sirio 2008 is up

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
i got it mounted to the steel fence post i use to set antennas and use a few days before they go up high.
my first impression was DANG ITS BIG.
was easy to assemble. i did some thinking and marked the top stinger to the lenght of each band. ive got it set on the 10 meter measurement. first try was just a tad high,lowered it half inch.it set on 1.1 to 1 across the band.above and below 10 meters it was decent vswrs.
i did notice couple things im concerned with. the 2 little screws in each section in the plastic housing and how stout is the coil?
if the screws work loose im cutting a slit and using hose clamps at every joint like the first joint is coupled.
another thing to ease assembly use majic marker make a line where all screw holes are in each mast section. so far i got a few contacs and am happy.
midnight my black cat likes the antenna box too
IMG-6146.JPG
IMG-6144.JPG
IMG-6140.JPG
IMG-6133.JPG

codeman

Recovering Crackerhead
Jul 10, 2011
NICE!! How tall is your antenna to the feedpoint? What state are you located in? - 553 around the Alamo

Just wondering if you are using the song from Ray Wylie Hubbard in your avatar? I am a big fan of his music.

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb

455monte

Mar 1, 2021
I have the sirio gpe 27. Very similar design.
Once i has swr set as i wanted we had a decent wind storm and it loosened the allen stud that sets the stinger/swr length. I went back and slightly counter bored the stinger and loctited the allen into the stinger at correct swr location.
No more sliding down.
It was a pain in the butt to have to take down a few times to readjust due to the sliding down but since i did the small modification its been perfect!

Shadetree Mechanic

808 On The North Side of Dover
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
My vector 4000 has the same egg beater top. My set screw fell out one day. This was completely surprising, because I had accidentally overtightened it when I first installed it and stripped the hex out of the end so I could not get it out to make adjustments. After about a year and a half, a buzzard landed on the egg beater and bent the stinger. Not a big deal, but then I noticed that it was twirling and swinging with the wind like a weather vane. I put a stainless metric bolt in it, should have done it when I first installed it.

Enjoy the DX!

Rwb

Jun 30, 2018
NICE!! How tall is your antenna to the feedpoint? What state are you located in? - 553 around the Alamo

Just wondering if you are using the song from Ray Wylie Hubbard in your avatar? I am a big fan of his music.
its only 10 ft up but will be up lot higher.
yes ray wylie hubbard. im in southwest missouri

Reactions: codeman and S&W357

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
i got it mounted to the steel fence post i use to set antennas and use a few days before they go up high.
my first impression was DANG ITS BIG.
was easy to assemble. i did some thinking and marked the top stinger to the lenght of each band. ive got it set on the 10 meter measurement. first try was just a tad high,lowered it half inch.it set on 1.1 to 1 across the band.above and below 10 meters it was decent vswrs.
i did notice couple things im concerned with. the 2 little screws in each section in the plastic housing and how stout is the coil?
if the screws work loose im cutting a slit and using hose clamps at every joint like the first joint is coupled.
another thing to ease assembly use majic marker make a line where all screw holes are in each mast section. so far i got a few contacs and am happy.
midnight my black cat likes the antenna box tooView attachment 57966View attachment 57967View attachment 57968View attachment 57971
Congratulations, I have one of those still sitting in the box waiting for Summer and warmer temp's to show up,normally I install antennas on top of my roof by myself,but looking at the picture, I have a feeling that I need to reach out to my neighbors and ask for help getting this one up!! Looks Great...........

Rwb

Jun 30, 2018
Congratulations, I have one of those still sitting in the box waiting for Summer and warmer temp's to show up,normally I install antennas on top of my roof by myself,but looking at the picture, I have a feeling that I need to reach out to my neighbors and ask for help getting this one up!! Looks Great...........
tis lengthy a hand full for sure

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.