• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sirio 2008 is up

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
i got it mounted to the steel fence post i use to set antennas and use a few days before they go up high.
my first impression was DANG ITS BIG.
was easy to assemble. i did some thinking and marked the top stinger to the lenght of each band. ive got it set on the 10 meter measurement. first try was just a tad high,lowered it half inch.it set on 1.1 to 1 across the band.above and below 10 meters it was decent vswrs.
i did notice couple things im concerned with. the 2 little screws in each section in the plastic housing and how stout is the coil?
if the screws work loose im cutting a slit and using hose clamps at every joint like the first joint is coupled.
another thing to ease assembly use majic marker make a line where all screw holes are in each mast section. so far i got a few contacs and am happy.
midnight my black cat likes the antenna box too
IMG-6146.JPG
IMG-6144.JPG
IMG-6140.JPG
IMG-6133.JPG

NICE!! How tall is your antenna to the feedpoint? What state are you located in? - 553 around the Alamo

Just wondering if you are using the song from Ray Wylie Hubbard in your avatar? I am a big fan of his music.

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
I have the sirio gpe 27. Very similar design.
Once i has swr set as i wanted we had a decent wind storm and it loosened the allen stud that sets the stinger/swr length. I went back and slightly counter bored the stinger and loctited the allen into the stinger at correct swr location.
No more sliding down.
It was a pain in the butt to have to take down a few times to readjust due to the sliding down but since i did the small modification its been perfect!

My vector 4000 has the same egg beater top. My set screw fell out one day. This was completely surprising, because I had accidentally overtightened it when I first installed it and stripped the hex out of the end so I could not get it out to make adjustments. After about a year and a half, a buzzard landed on the egg beater and bent the stinger. Not a big deal, but then I noticed that it was twirling and swinging with the wind like a weather vane. I put a stainless metric bolt in it, should have done it when I first installed it.

Enjoy the DX!

NICE!! How tall is your antenna to the feedpoint? What state are you located in? - 553 around the Alamo

Just wondering if you are using the song from Ray Wylie Hubbard in your avatar? I am a big fan of his music.
its only 10 ft up but will be up lot higher.
yes ray wylie hubbard. im in southwest missouri

Reactions: codeman and S&W357
i got it mounted to the steel fence post i use to set antennas and use a few days before they go up high.
my first impression was DANG ITS BIG.
was easy to assemble. i did some thinking and marked the top stinger to the lenght of each band. ive got it set on the 10 meter measurement. first try was just a tad high,lowered it half inch.it set on 1.1 to 1 across the band.above and below 10 meters it was decent vswrs.
i did notice couple things im concerned with. the 2 little screws in each section in the plastic housing and how stout is the coil?
if the screws work loose im cutting a slit and using hose clamps at every joint like the first joint is coupled.
another thing to ease assembly use majic marker make a line where all screw holes are in each mast section. so far i got a few contacs and am happy.
midnight my black cat likes the antenna box tooView attachment 57966View attachment 57967View attachment 57968View attachment 57971
Congratulations, I have one of those still sitting in the box waiting for Summer and warmer temp's to show up,normally I install antennas on top of my roof by myself,but looking at the picture, I have a feeling that I need to reach out to my neighbors and ask for help getting this one up!! Looks Great...........

Congratulations, I have one of those still sitting in the box waiting for Summer and warmer temp's to show up,normally I install antennas on top of my roof by myself,but looking at the picture, I have a feeling that I need to reach out to my neighbors and ask for help getting this one up!! Looks Great...........
tis lengthy a hand full for sure

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated