• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Sirio 2008 vs 2016

i got the sirio 2016 ..you can easily find them at copperelectronics.com or dnjradio .com.. ive had mine up since 2009 .. reguardless of radial lenth it works well. survided many p.a. ice storms and wing ...great antenna too

I was originally going to get the 2016 instead of the 2008 because of space restrictions. But, I couldn't find a 2016 in the country anywhere. As it is, I had a hard time finding a 2008 at that time.

I was originally going to get the 2016 instead of the 2008 because of space restrictions. But, I couldn't find a 2016 in the country anywhere. As it is, I had a hard time finding a 2008 at that time.
Funny as in Europe they’re (2008) readily available almost everywhere. The 2016 are a tad more difficult to find as often out of stock

i do have a thing to point out,my bad never checked em but those bolts under the base become loose on mine. i snugged em up but when it goes up taller i think a drop o blue locktite or finger nail polish be in line. so beware n check yours.might been just a fluke but it did happen

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
i do have a thing to point out,my bad never checked em but those bolts under the base become loose on mine. i snugged em up but when it goes up taller i think a drop o blue locktite or finger nail polish be in line. so beware n check yours.might been just a fluke but it did happen
Funny you mention that. Before mounting mine I checked those bolts and one of them was loose so I went ahead and tightened them all before raising the whip.

Funny you mention that. Before mounting mine I checked those bolts and one of them was loose so I went ahead and tightened them all before raising the whip.
i might had a loose 1 n missed it .but it be down to get raised more so time to check n if any are loose locktite or finger nail polish

Reactions: Keto
My Sirio 2016 was installed May 23 2021. Might as well call it one year!

Anyway, it's survived many storms. Great antenna and very easy to put together and tune.

Really can't compare it to my old Antron 99 because I have since changed radios to a Cobra 142 GTL that was totally recapped with Nichicon audio grade capacitors. Side band is surprisingly quiet.

Antennas still working out for you guys? Are they alot better than the A99 ?
so far so good.lotta wind this spring.watched it lean n sraighten back up.componets stayed tight. gets out n recieves well. no excess noise like my newer a 99.
older a99's were lots better than new a 99's

Reactions: Keto
My Sirio 2016 was installed May 23 2021. Might as well call it one year!

Anyway, it's survived many storms. Great antenna and very easy to put together and tune.

Really can't compare it to my old Antron 99 because I have since changed radios to a Cobra 142 GTL that was totally recapped with Nichicon audio grade capacitors. Side band is surprisingly quiet.
Nice report!

so far so good.lotta wind this spring.watched it lean n sraighten back up.componets stayed tight. gets out n recieves well. no excess noise like my newer a 99.
older a99's were lots better than new a 99's
Yeah I guess they are aluminum. Good deal it's making it through the winds in fine shape.

Reactions: Rwb
My Sirio 2008 is still pumping signal and standing tall. This past year we've had some extreme weather, even for us, and this baby is still standing straight. At one time, during a massive hail storm, I stepped out to look at it, and it was curled at 90° from the 70 mph wind. I thought she'd be a gonner by morning. Checked it out the next day and she still looked new. My old sigma would have been a boomerang at that point. Sirio builds some rugged stuff! And they talk!

My Sirio 2008 is still pumping signal and standing tall. This past year we've had some extreme weather, even for us, and this baby is still standing straight. At one time, during a massive hail storm, I stepped out to look at it, and it was curled at 90° from the 70 mph wind. I thought she'd be a gonner by morning. Checked it out the next day and she still looked new. My old sigma would have been a boomerang at that point. Sirio builds some rugged stuff! And they talk!
got that right. we had hard BLASTS of wind n my 2008 took it with flying colors. im thinkin great antenna no matter the price

Reactions: Greg T and Keto
got that right. we had hard BLASTS of wind n my 2008 took it with flying colors. im thinkin great antenna no matter the price
Can only concur. 3 storms here in the UK this year and still standing. Very good ears and recently managed a DX to the Reunion Islands only using 20 Wmatts with my President McKinley!017712EA-45B4-4B43-A533-01D9245D3F31.jpeg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated