• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Sirio 2008 vs 2016

I love this antenna. It talks well and the ears are much better than the old Sigma. My only issue here, is that I can't really get it up as high as I want it. I'm approximately 30' to the base and it's got one tree in front of it. As to the antenna, it's heavy duty and the connectors for the sections are very sturdy. BUT, being the king of overkill, I used heat shrink tube over every joint to help keep the water out. We've also had some nasty winds since it's been up and she's not even slightly bent. Still standing tall. Water and snow do NOT even manipulate the SWR. I call this antenna a keeper.
Thank you for the reply. What other Antennas have you run in the past other then the Sigma? Also did you keep the top hat (Ball) on antenna or did you remove it.

Reactions: Rwb and Greg T
Thank you for the reply. What other Antennas have you run in the past other then the Sigma? Also did you keep the top hat (Ball) on antenna or did you remove it.

Over the years I've a Radio Shack 1/2 wave GP, a Ringo, an original Star Duster, an Antron 99, although I'll never figure out WHY!!, the Sigma and now the 2008. I kept the ball on top and also used a piece of hear shrink tubing on it. I rarely tune below 11 meters so I tuned mine up to about channel 35 or so. It gives me the range to really go upstairs when I want.

As a side note, I can't tell you why cuz I'm not a theory guy, but I have my radio, a random length jumper between it and DX-500V, a shorty jumper to a Daiwa 901 meter, through an old Johnson LP filter, and then the antenna. Seriously, I can tune well below 11 meters, all the way up past 27.800 or 27.900 and stay below 1.5:1. I have verified this on three meters ranging from the Daiwa, to the Radio shack to the Paradynamics.

Last edited:
Over the years I've a Radio Shack 1/2 wave GP, a Ringo, an original Star Duster, an Antron 99, although I'll never figure out WHY!!, the Sigma and now the 2008. I kept the ball on top and also used a piece of hear shrink tubing on it. I rarely tune below 11 meters so I tuned mine up to about channel 35 or so. It gives me the range to really go upstairs when I want.

As a side note, I can't tell you why cuz I'm not a theory guy, but I have my radio, a random length jumper between it and DX-500V, a shorty jumper to a Daiwa 901 meter, through an old Johnson LP filter, and then the antenna. Seriously, I can tune well below 11 meters, all the way up past 27.800 or 27.900 and stay below 1.5:1. I have verified this on three meters ranging from the Daiwa, to the Radio shack to the Paradynamics.
Get my Siro 2008 on Thursday. Can't wait to set it up. Thanks for all your input on making my decision

Well got my Siro 2008 put together and up yesterday! Got it right on first try on test pole 1.00 across ch 1-40 Got it up 25 feet to base of Antenna. Shot skip barefoot first call! Very impressive well built Antenna!

Attachments

• 20220319_133556.jpg
    20220319_133556.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20220319_161157.jpg
    20220319_161157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20220319_161131.jpg
    20220319_161131.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Did you use 21 feet of 1 1/4 inch(inside diameter) black pipe for the mast?

Personally, I used the above in galvanized when I put up my Sirio 2016 about eight months ago. Wind gusts all day long up to 40 mph this past Saturday, and it's still standing straight.

Reactions: Robbierobot and Rwb
Did you use 21 feet of 1 1/4 inch(inside diameter) black pipe for the mast?

Personally, I used the above in galvanized when I put up my Sirio 2016 about eight months ago. Wind gusts all day long up to 40 mph this past Saturday, and it's still standing straight.
Top rail fence rail 1 3/8" 10.5' Long. I really wanted to use a third but was too scared to do it. I may add another later but I put it up by myself. How high do you got yours up?

Reactions: Greg T and Rwb
Well got my Siro 2008 put together and up yesterday! Got it right on first try on test pole 1.00 across ch 1-40 Got it up 25 feet to base of Antenna. Shot skip barefoot first call! Very impressive well built Antenna!
i be dammed,used same kinda step ladder for mine. radials just clear the ground resting on that ladder. im impressed with them 2008's
as for the antenna n all the tech stuff we read brings the hi class dame i dated till my money ran out.her motto" IF YA GOT IT FLAUNT IT'

Last edited:
i be dammed,used same kinda step ladder for mine. radials just clear the ground resting on that ladder. im impressed with them 2008's
as for the antenna n all the tech stuff we read brings the hi class dame i dated till my money ran out.her motto" IF YA GOT IT FLAUNT IT'
Yes that ladder worked perfect for this antenna. I have had that thing for many years!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.