• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 2016 Base Antenna/Review

Feb 4, 2015
Getting ready to put this Monster up, took down my antron99. I'll post pics of the construction,I'll tell you right now, as far as build, it's a one of a kind.. I'll post back the performance, swr and all that good stuff.Took 2 months to get it as it was on backorder. If you hear the guy transmitting from the 2nd story apartment in Indiana, that would be me!

Not sure what's up w/ Sirio ? I have mine but notice my Sirio 27-4 is always " Out Of Stock " unless you buy from the UK . Anybody know ? Just curious . Thanks !

You'll find it is available in other EU countries too, it is just that Americans will look at UK sites first due to the shared language. EU has enough custom to meet Sirio's manufacturing capability. Much easier for an EU manufacturer to sell and ship within the EU than to ship across the Atlantic and deal with the headache of exporting to the US.

Reactions: 357magnum
Well I can tell you so far, I made a mistake, operator error. Put it all together, raised it up and put it on the Rigexpert, only to find out 10 meters was 1.0- 1.1 all thru the band. I need 11 meters! I go outside and look up at the very top where you tune it, the top wasn't tight enough and slide all the way down.. I'm a goober, but 10 meters was perfect and now just waiting for the wind to die down so I can get it like that on 11

Gonna try and turn a negative into a positive, 10 meters did look fantastic on the analyzer. I'm sure 11 meters will look the same after the second attempt

Well shoot I forgot. Ok well a full month of this antenna, I did reverse the mess-up in my last post. SWR is perfect 1.1 - 1.4 all thru 26.965- 27.855. The receive has less static compared to the antron99 and is a upgrade on transmit also. The SWR doesn't change when it rains, my guess is the cased coil. I'd really like to test it against a Maco v/5000

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.