• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 4 element measurements

perrym1962

Apr 7, 2008
Anyone know what the measurements for the sy-4 sirio would be for each individual element in inches for 11 meter? Don’t quite understand. I know the reflector is 5740mm total length, so what is total length of driver element and so on . Moron here lol..

Manual attached, shows dimensions.

Attachments

• 7200228840001.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 19
Manual attached, shows dimensions.

Yeah I've found that, what I want to know it exactly how long is the first one, second one, third one, and 4th one. I'm kind of a moron so it makes no sense to me. I know the one is 5740mm so the second is ? third ? fourth? total length of each deciphered for a dumb butt... To me it doesn't tell the total lengths of each element... Or I just don't understand. Just the measurements of the tips of each element are noted... Not the total length...

Last edited:
It's simple basic math. All four elements are the same length except for the outer pieces. Look at the numbers and find the difference and subtract it from the overall length of the longest element.

Yeah I've found that, what I want to know it exactly how long is the first one, second one, third one, and 4th one. I'm kind of a moron so it makes no sense to me. I know the one is 5740mm so the second is ? third ? fourth? total length of each deciphered for a dumb butt... To me it doesn't tell the total lengths of each element... Or I just don't understand. Just the measurements of the tips of each element are noted... Not the total length...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

Tip to tip element lengths

Reflector-5740mm
Driven Element-5400mm
1st Director-5130mm
2nd Director-4890mm

For those of us who are Metrically Challenged**

Reflector-226"
Driven Element-212.6"
1st Director-202"
2nd Director-192.5"

**Rounded to nearest tenth of inch

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

Tip to tip element lengths

Reflector-5740mm
Driven Element-5400mm
1st Director-5130mm
2nd Director-4890mm

For those of us who are Metrically Challenged**

Reflector-226"
Driven Element-212.6"
1st Director-202"
2nd Director-192.5"

**Rounded to nearest tenth of inch

We think the same on some things but differently on others. Now that you gave him the answers he will never learn for himself.

We think the same on some things but differently on others. Now that you gave him the answers he will never learn for himself.
Yeah CK, you're right. But let's get him on the air first and foremost. The math lessons can come later. He was asking for help and that's a big chunk of what we all come here for. We all need some now and again.

73 sir

Yeah CK, you're right. But let's get him on the air first and foremost. The math lessons can come later. He was asking for help and that's a big chunk of what we all come here for. We all need some now and again.

73 sir

Yeah don't mind me. I just prefer to show someone HOW to do something rather than do it for them. They learn that way. I have a crew of relatively new guys at work that need to be shown things and I am always trying to get them to do it themselves rather than do it for them. I feel the same way about question pools for amateur exams too. Stop memorizing the answers and learn how to get those answers.

Yeah don't mind me. I just prefer to show someone HOW to do something rather than do it for them. They learn that way. I have a crew of relatively new guys at work that need to be shown things and I am always trying to get them to do it themselves rather than do it for them. I feel the same way about question pools for amateur exams too. Stop memorizing the answers and learn how to get those answers.

I agree with every word of your post. I have always tried to practice the Give a man a fish/Teach a man to fish view with myself as well as others. It is the only right way to help someone else or yourself. As it happens I'm studying, not memorizing answers, as we speak to take the Tech Exam next month. I want the knowledge, not just the ticket.

Not sure what possessed me to just hand over the answers this time, must be getting soft-headed in my old age.

I wasn't actually wanting to know how to convert mm to inches Mr K I was just having a bit of a brain fart of the total lengths of each element which I totally understand now. Sorry I seemed as such a moron to you sir...

Last edited:
I wasn't actually wanting to know how to convert mm to inches Mr K I was just having a bit of a brain fart of the total lengths of each element which I totally understand now. Sorry I seemed as such a moron to you sir...

Not knowing something does not make someone a moron. Not knowing and refusing to learn something makes someone ignorant however. FWIW nowhere did I mention anything about converting from mm to inches. I merely said to look at the difference between the lengths, which was clearly printed in the manual.

Not knowing something does not make someone a moron. Not knowing and refusing to learn something makes someone ignorant however. FWIW nowhere did I mention anything about converting from mm to inches. I merely said to look at the difference between the lengths, which was clearly printed in the manual.
And as I said I understand now as I suppose I was having a senior moment. I apologize and won’t be troubling anyone further.. Have a great day.. P.S. I don’t feel like I’m terribly ignorant but a lot of times I just don’t realize it I suppose..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.