• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 5000 mobile antenna wow !!

from what i have heard/read; going from a mag mount to a roof mount is about a 30% increase in efficiency.
definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

BTW, i forgot to give you props for having the stones to drill a hole in a brand new car!!!

most people are afraid to do this on a car that is 10+ years old.
LC

:D
thanx man !!!!

Now I need to come up with about 400 watts for it !:redface:

from what i have heard/read; going from a mag mount to a roof mount is about a 30% increase in efficiency.
definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

BTW, i forgot to give you props for having the stones to drill a hole in a brand new car!!!

most people are afraid to do this on a car that is 10+ years old.
LC

Ok, so who is gonna send me one of these for testing ?

I can test against just about most sizes, lengths and brands on the market.. All set up on a stationary vehicle with little room for error and tuned with not 1 but 2 MFJ-259's (y)

So who do I need to send my address to ?:D

I have the Sirio P-5000 mag antenna myself and man, that thing freakin rocks! I have had more compliments and made many, many more dx contacts than I did with a SS 102" on 4 mag set up on the roof of the mini van. It leans back slightly at highway speeds, meaning it does lean but not not to where it's almost level with the roof LOL It receives excellent! I run a cobra 200 gtl through mine an so far so good. easy to set up an so far the SWR is good from 26.965 to 28.900. It actually shows you which way you want to move the stinger for what band you want to run. In my opinion, it is definitely worth the money.

This wouldn't be mounted on a silver or possibly white Dodge mini van that I saw turning east from 31 to 10 tuesday about 10:00 A.M. would it? If so, I would love to have a look at it before placing my order.

Well fellars I left Nashville TN today and drove to Savannah Ga. I made contacts on 36,37,38 LSB. I worked the west coast on A BAREFOOT radio. Washington state, Califorina, Oregon, Nevada. Only #'s I remember was 251 in San Fran and we talked a long time!! When I was between Macon Ga and Savannah Ga. I was able to work Portugal......! I have never had such great DX reports!! This was a highway speeds of 65-80 mph..!
I am very impressed with the job Bells CB did on my radio and this antenna. I am gonna add an amp as soon as the budget allows?

Got me a new car. A chevy HHR. Cool car. I bought a radio from Bells CB .... good score !! Bought a WIlson 5000 roof mount and popped a hole in the roof of my car today and installed the mount.

I purchased the Sirio 5000 antenna from H&Y.. I had it on a mag mount for a bit testing it. One of the base station guys usually puts 5# on me in my yard on the wilson 5000. On the sirio he puts 6/12 to 7 # on me. When I put the mount thru the roof, the same guy put 6# on me on the wilson 5000 and 8/12 with the Sirio.. I am not easily impressed but this is a great antenna. its 6 1/2' tall.

They work...... I'd buy a base antenna if they'd handle more than 400 watts??

I'll post sum pic's if anyone wants to see them?

I'd like to see some close up shots of your roof mount if you don't mind posting them. Thanks

Umm... Just curious... What good does the second one get you. For the price of the pair you could have gotten yourself a real VNA which is both more accurate and more capable than both of those put together...

The DB

I think he was making a joke. Did you hear it fly over your head? :D

Still thinking of buying one of these...

RT307

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.