• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sirio 827 vs i10k

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
we just got my buddies i10k up in the scorching sun, it replaced a sirio 827 which is the best 5/8wave available in the uk, it is mounted on the same pole position and height about 34 feet to feedpoint as the 827 for a fair test, after a few adjustments to the trombone i got a flat vswr on our band centre, initial tests show the i10k is slightly more than 1/2 s unit better on my meter ( 3db per unit ) at 2 miles and 1 s unit on a uniden s meter at about 10 miles, are we pleased? you bet we are :D

bob85 said:
we just got my buddies i10k up in the scorching sun, it replaced a sirio 827 which is the best 5/8wave available in the uk, it is mounted on the same pole position and height about 34 feet to feedpoint as the 827 for a fair test, after a few adjustments to the trombone i got a flat vswr on our band centre, initial tests show the i10k is slightly more than 1/2 s unit better on my meter ( 3db per unit ) at 2 miles and 1 s unit on a uniden s meter at about 10 miles, are we pleased? you bet we are :D

bob85 also wrote:
getting back to signal meters lets go, no cb meter i ever used was even close to been linear reading and most modern hf sets aint worth a toss either

I would obviously hope that these questionable S Unit readings are not being recorded on some "inferior" CB or HF radio meter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.